11/24 Other Games MEGAMEGAMEGA THREAD

Cerebus

7 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

That's because this conference is a joke paired with the monopoly the P5 has on the tv contracts and in hand the future of CFB is allowing the fans to see the writing on the wall. Also...P5 is struggling to get full stadiums now due to the luxury of watching at home. G5 will start to more and more play in 20-30% capacity stadiums that are already small stadiums. The money will completely dry up to $0 and eventually the P5 will stake their claim in the streaming world and our G5 college football will be all but dead. Gotta get out. Any way possible. 

Blasphemy, NorthTexasWeLove! LOL!  You can't be like many North Texas alums and fans & think much past next week, least of all where your football program is going to be in 5 years (which as you suggest may be one with "0" TV dollars and in an eventual G5 that will implode.  We need our campus leaders or the ones I called the Big 4 in another thread to start looking for a brighter tomorrow for North Texas athletics.  (It may turn out being a life boat).

Yet.......some of our fans would be happy watching pigs play in pig slop as long as they get to sit in a comfy' stadium that was honest to goodness 25 years late in being built. We tend to be tardy with many things we do in "Do It In Denton."

Take it away,  Red*Flakes! 

PS:  Hang around this for 40 plus years and you sorta' get the pulse of a school's fan's & alums mindset.  Hopefully Wren Baker will be able to overcome all this.  My money says after the 2 rain home games this season with no attendance he started brushing up on his resume.  Hopefully not, though, he seems to have a Midas Touch in many areas that we need in Denton.  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

FAU.............24  (no bowl game)

Charlotte....27  (Jonathan Cruz kicked a 56 yard field goal with seconds to go)

Final

Jeez, the attendance at FAU makes me think they ought to find a way to go down an NCAA division.  

G5 schools located in major league sports markets just don't fare well in the attendance dept. it seems.  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

3 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

FAU.............24  (no bowl game)

Charlotte....27  (Jonathan Cruz kicked a 56 yard field goal with seconds to go)

Final

Jeez, the attendance at FAU makes me think they ought to find a way to go down an NCAA division.  

we've been monopolized out of relevance. Attendance is a country wide problem, but when anything is an issue for the 'real' teams in CFB it's detrimental to the programs like 'us'. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone else hate Texas A&M?  I mean before I hated the more than the Longhorns for their inferiority complex and false bravado.  They seem to believe they are an elite program but they aren't and have not been in the national championship conversation in over 35 years.  Yet they act they are supposed to be the state of Texas favorite FBS level team.  Then you have classiness like this.  WowTexas A&M fan punches former LSU coach

Even more classiness

Texas A&M Tailgate Area Assault

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2