It Just Must Be Tough.....

KRAM1

....to be a TCU fan these days. Football team struggling mightily to become bowl eligible, and now its “was nationally ranked” basketball team gets beat by Lipscomb. Lipscomb is not a bad team and is going to beat a bunch of teams, but had not beaten a ranked team since 2006, and was 0-13 against ranked teams before beating TCU. 

And, then there is that big joke Davy O’Brian award that some associate at least in part with TCU.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Downvote 9

3 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

....to be a TCU fan these days. Football team struggling mightily to become bowl eligible, and now its “was nationally ranked” basketball team gets beat by Lipscomb. Lipscomb is not a bad team and is going to beat a bunch of teams, but had not beaten a ranked team since 2006, and was 0-13 against ranked teams before beating TCU. 

And, then there is that big joke Davy O’Brian award that some associate at least in part with TCU.

Amen, Brother “KRAM!”

AMEN!

1950’s: TCU cancelled us because we’d integrated with Abner & Leon. (very “Christian” of them).😡

1960’s:  You kidding?  Mean Joe Greene & 13 other NFL draft choices. TCU would not even return our calls.

1970’s:  TCU had F.A. Dry—we had Hayden Fry (any further explanation needed why for the 3’rd decade in a row TCU would not schedule NORTH TEXAS?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The passive (and some not passive) aggressive angst against the Davy O’Brien award is really silly. As if those three guys that got picked don’t have a really good case for it. No, it must still be some sort of anti-North Texas conspiracy. 

Nope...it is a joke the way it is now set up. Ditch the fake fan vote and make it obvious that it is for “big school” players only and it’s all good. As it is now...total joke. What did these finalists get.....less than a 1000 fan votes total???? Yep...that’s legit! Joke. 

I take nothing away from the “quality” of the finalists...I take everything away from the Joke of an award criteria.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Nope...it is a joke the way it is now set up. Ditch the fake fan vote and make it obvious that it is for “big school” players only and it’s all good. As it is now...total joke. What did these finalists get.....less than a 1000 fan votes total???? Yep...that’s legit! Joke. 

I take nothing away from the “quality” of the finalists...I take everything away from the Joke of an award criteria.

We will just have to agree to disagree. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

We will just have to agree to disagree. 

I'm with you. That award may have been easier if Fine wasn't running for his life back there. He has messed up trying to force some plays but some of that stems from the blocking issues. Not sure the criteria but there is no conspiracy against UNT. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Not sure the criteria but there is no conspiracy against UNT. 

Agree. Never thought about “conspiracy” against UNT, Mason or any of the other candidates. Just din’t like being “played” by this fake fan vote.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3