DRC: Fine vows to return for senior season after pondering transferring

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Except you didn’t 

because he didn’t. 

Except I did and he did.......Are you better with “weighing the pros and cons of transferring”? I realize I am old, but that sounds like he considered it to me. But, heck you never know with the definitions folks use these days. Maybe it is my “old school” definition of words and meanings.

But, if I had publicly announced to the board of my bank that “I had weighed  the pros and cons of taking a new position offer at another bank” I think they could rightly assume I had “considered” leaving. But, hey...old school meanings. 

I am just glad that Mason cleared it up with a response. A good one and well stated. Shows, yes, that he owned the situation, owned his words...as we all do like it or not...and just ended the “noise”. 

I will say it again...it is done. Time to move on to UTSA, bowl game and next season.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

20 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Passion is one thing. Dishonesty is another.

Where is/was the dishonesty? Go read my posts...go check out the “considered it” and “weighed the pros and cons” quotes from Mason himself. Nothing, nada, zilch I wrote was dishonest. Nothing and I stand by every word...yep...I own them. So, you go ahead and make accusations if it makes you feel better. I’m good. And will refrain from replying in kind. 

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

It’s funny seeing how many people get on to the DRC about this potential or not so potential story. I don’t blame Brett for writing what he did. It is his job to. Part of his job is to get people talking about the things he writes... which clearly it worked 7 page thread later. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Where is/was the dishonesty? Go read my posts...go check out the “considered it” and “weighed the pros and cons” quotes from Mason himself. Nothing, nada, zilch I wrote was dishonest. Nothing and I stand by every word...yep...I own them. So, you go ahead and make accusations if it makes you feel better. I’m good. And will refrain from replying in kind. 

I get it.  You’re dug in now. But you can’t honestly say you heard him say something he didn’t say. 

He didn’t say he “considered it.” You said you heard him say it. But those words never came out of his mouth. How could you hear him say something HE DID NOT SAY?

Why is this so hard?

I can’t remember the psychological term  but there is a way people think the hear something that they didn’t. And their brain interprets things differently. Maybe this is one of those cases. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

This is even more proof that Seth has his own agenda if he won’t play his other QBs.

What is his agenda?  What other team is playing their backups?  Has OU played one?  WVU?  A&M?  I just don't get this comment. Hell, Tech would only be playing Bowman, as would Alabama with Tua, if it were not for injuries. 

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

What is his agenda?  What other team is playing their backups?  Has OU played one?  WVU?  A&M?  I just don't get this comment. Hell, Tech would only be playing Bowman, as would Alabama with Tua, if it were not for injuries. 

To me it just proves he cares little about the future here cause he knows he is outta here after the bowl with Mason in tow so let his successor worry about any future here

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 minute ago, DallasGreen said:

To me it just proves he cares little about the future here cause he knows he is outta here after the bowl with Mason in tow so let his successor worry about any future here

Nice speculation. Fine had said he is staying. Littrell has said he is happy here and, by all accounts, has been nothing but forthright and honest about his thoughts on coaching and being happy here. You are just trying to stir the pot. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

So based on this opinion and my examples, all of those coaches are leaving with their underclassmen QB's in tow since they haven't played their backups. Makes no sense.