UTSA

Big Z

5 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

I'm going to the game.  Has anyone bought tickets yet?  I wasn't sure if it's easier to just buy at the gate or call our ticket office instead...

I bought online through our ticket office. I think they were 32 a piece. I believe that is for section 138 iirc.

29 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Bought mine online tonight through ticket office for $34... No idea what section, pickup at Will Call.

I wonder why you can buy online but when I called the ticket office this morning they said I had to go through utsa to get tickets. We ended up getting endzone seats on ticketmaster. 

13 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

Radio in San Antonio said last home game had 16000 announced  attendance but only 6,000 butts in seats.

Might not matter where your ticket is.

If we can bring 1,000 fans we might be the majority.

That place seats 64,000 people too.. That place is going to look sorry. At least we're taking over SA for the weekend haha

• Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2018 at 11:51 PM, outoftown said:

last 5 games for UTSA:

Aggregate score: 30:178. Average score: 6:36.

Didn't scored 20+ points in any of those 5 games, didn't hold an opponent below 20 in any of those 5 games.

I hate to say it, but I almost feel for some of their fans, stuck with a coach they pay 1 million dollars a year, and the trajectory of whose tenure more and more resembles that of McCarney. Almost.

image.png.e7663d8ed88930983e704c3f8a3a3431.png

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

If anyone wonders if this game is important because it will not really change the bowl picture, imagine NT losing it:

-It would mean a very mediocre 4-4 conference record. If you forget about OOC, then thats not actually winning football anymore.

-It would be a blown chance to get to a double digit win season

-It would keep the all time series in UTSAs favor

-It would probably depress bowl attendance, which in turn is bad for how NT is seen in future bowl considerations

-the narrative from a great season with a few close losses would change to a good season where NT just never managed to consistently handle success

-It would mean that UTSA can use it for recruiting against NT ("Yeah we didn't get nearly as many wins and they think they are all that, but we beat em head to head, when we play em we beat em more often than not")

Only potential upside to losing is if it keeps FW around. But he may stay anayway or get canned anyway, who knows.

In summary, this game is important a loss would really change the narrative of this season for NT. And for UTSA the game has an even more important opportunity to change the narrative of their season. All of a sudden its 4-8, but they swept all the texas G5 teams they played, including the closest things to rivalries (Texas State and NT)

A win would get NT a shot at a double digit win season. It would be yet another milestone.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/college_sports/utsa/article/UTSA-offense-looking-to-rebound-from-record-low-13409944.php

“We did not do a good job of blocking movement,” Wilson said. “If they stayed still and said, ‘Mano a mano, you block me and I'm going to defeat you,’ I like our chances."   LOL

2 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Naw, I want an early present delivered with a shut out. Let’s make it real this time.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, outoftown said:

If anyone wonders if this game is important because it will not really change the bowl picture, imagine NT losing it:

-It would mean a very mediocre 4-4 conference record. If you forget about OOC, then thats not actually winning football anymore.

-It would be a blown chance to get to a double digit win season

-It would keep the all time series in UTSAs favor

-It would probably depress bowl attendance, which in turn is bad for how NT is seen in future bowl considerations

-the narrative from a great season with a few close losses would change to a good season where NT just never managed to consistently handle success

-It would mean that UTSA can use it for recruiting against NT ("Yeah we didn't get nearly as many wins and they think they are all that, but we beat em head to head, when we play em we beat em more often than not")

Only potential upside to losing is if it keeps FW around. But he may stay anayway or get canned anyway, who knows.

In summary, this game is important a loss would really change the narrative of this season for NT. And for UTSA the game has an even more important opportunity to change the narrative of their season. All of a sudden its 4-8, but they swept all the texas G5 teams they played, including the closest things to rivalries (Texas State and NT)

A win would get NT a shot at a double digit win season. It would be yet another milestone.

All that is nice and all, but it boils down to this...

https://youtu.be/b5-iJUuPWis

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2018/11/21/18104742/best-bets-week-13-college-football-picks-spread-totals-parlay-teaser-locks

Believe it or not, North Texas has been one of the most reliable unders in college football this year. And UTSA is absolute garbage. North Texas 41, UTSA 6

• Thanks 1