UTSA

Big Z

10 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Thinking about going to the game this year.  Anyone know of any nice hotels near the stadium or how far it is from the Riverwalk?

Hotel Emma and Hotel Havana are both super cool.  River Walk is nearby.  It’s a long walk but just uber.  Downtown San Antone is a lovely place.  It’s just their “school” that sucks.  Not a rival, just another week.  Respect their ability to play but “dominate their ass” as Seth would say.  Nothing special.  Too bad we proved our inability to treat weeks like that several times prior.  I’m so sad. 

8 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Hotel Emma and Hotel Havana are both super cool.  River Walk is nearby.  It’s a long walk but just uber.  Downtown San Antone is a lovely place.  It’s just their “school” that sucks.  Not a rival, just another week.  Respect their ability to play but “dominate their ass” as Seth would say.  Nothing special.  Too bad we proved our inability to treat weeks like that several times prior.  I’m so sad. 

I can vouch for Hotel Emma.  Cool place, and a great bar.

Refined hotel in a former 19th-century brewery, with elegant quarters, a rooftop pool & a chic bar.”

I think UTSA had minus yards rushing in their game and about a 168 passing.  I just hope the right mean green team shows up on Saturday.  The FAU was a good game but not our best.  I hope we have a really good game so we have momentum going to a bowl game.  

Didn't UTSA sign Wilson to contract extension last year or the year before?  We need UTSA, UTEP, RICE to all get better for the sake of the conference.  I think UTSA is the same boat we had with Benford they cant afford to buy him out at this time.  Maybe the Mother Ship could throw a few bucks to UTSA to fire him.  LIke them or hate them but we need them to be good so our conference looks good.  We just need to be better then them.  

If UTSA really wants to fire him they should contact Portland State about a game, it worked for us.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I think UTSA had minus yards rushing in their game and about a 168 passing.  I just hope the right mean green team shows up on Saturday.  The FAU was a good game but not our best.  I hope we have a really good game so we have momentum going to a bowl game.  

Didn't UTSA sign Wilson to contract extension last year or the year before?  We need UTSA, UTEP, RICE to all get better for the sake of the conference.  I think UTSA is the same boat we had with Benford they cant afford to buy him out at this time.  Maybe the Mother Ship could throw a few bucks to UTSA to fire him.  LIke them or hate them but we need them to be good so our conference looks good.  We just need to be better then them.  

If UTSA really wants to fire him they should contact Portland State about a game, it worked for us.

Nah, let everyone else improve to help the conference.  NutsaCK can suck it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Ok, now I’m hoping we stay up around 10 points all game and pull away late on a pick six or fumble recovery...so their AD is left thinking “if a few plays go our way we win that game...better sign Frank Wilson to an extension so he can keep the momentum.”  

Your knocks on UTSA have been cracking me up, man!  “Most of the team enrolled at UTSA in the hopes of eventually going to college.”  I’ve been laughing all day about that one.  

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

last 5 games for UTSA:

Aggregate score: 30:178. Average score: 6:36.

Didn't scored 20+ points in any of those 5 games, didn't hold an opponent below 20 in any of those 5 games.

I hate to say it, but I almost feel for some of their fans, stuck with a coach they pay 1 million dollars a year, and the trajectory of whose tenure more and more resembles that of McCarney. Almost.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

This Saturday UTSA will come out of the AlamoBowl tunnel screaming .....”REMEMBER THE DRIVE!” ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

In some games when we think all we have to do is show up is when we’ve been most unpleasantly surprised. Please......not this game.🙏🏻

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Exactly. There will be no small levels of motivation flowing before, during and after this game.  

Like ODU they look like the bottom of the barrel, but see rice for 3 quarters and utep. 

Get up on them early and don’t let up!

GMG

• Upvote 3

I would hope that the loss to ODU  will be a reminder to the team they are not good enough to overlook any team.  I think our best played games were against SMU and Arkansas because we know we had to play our best to beat them and did.  We seem to play to the level of the other team.

NIce that SOMIS beat LA TECH yesterday.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

18 hours ago, correcamino said:

Please kill us. Don't take your foot off the gas pedal. Shut us out and hang 60 on us. Make it abundantly clear that Wilson is a complete fraud. Inspire our AD to hire a real coach like Litrell instead a f'ing "recruiting guru".

I thought we would never hear from you again.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, correcamino said:

Please kill us. Don't take your foot off the gas pedal. Shut us out and hang 60 on us. Make it abundantly clear that Wilson is a complete fraud. Inspire our AD to hire a real coach like Litrell instead a f'ing "recruiting guru".

You’re only path forward as a program is when you hire RV to make the next head coaching hire. I mean, he has 15 years of AD experience to be had. Colonel Sanders thinks this is your only way forward...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Texas Stranger said:

Might wanna look up who owns Central Market...

I know who owns it. But that's kind of like saying a Lexus is just a Toyota. Or the Texans name is owned by Jerry (or was) so they are basically part of  the Cowboys or Jerry's craziness. Just not the same.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1