UTSA

Big Z

UTSA has nothing to play for.  They're not going to a bowl game.  Their team has already checked out.   We'll have extra time to prepare.

When our offense comes out fast and punches them in the mouth early like we've been doing lately, they're not going to bow-up.  They're going to fold.

This game gets ugly for the birds that don't fly.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I think the opposite. This is their bowl game. They are playing for the their coaches job. This is a true rivalry came. The opposite always happens. We lose to them 2013. Then beat them our 1-11 season. It will be a fun game. I think we pull it out. But no walk in the park

They were playing for legitimacy in 2013.   Both teams were flat-out awful in 2015.

Yeah, they'll come out swinging because it's their "bowl game".  But unlike ODU and FAU, we'll put up a bunch of quick points on them & they'll start playing VERY chippy and undisciplined.  Our guys know this will be coming.
It's gonna be ugly.

Yawn on "rivalry"

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I think the opposite. This is their bowl game. They are playing for the their coaches job. This is a true rivalry came. The opposite always happens. We lose to them 2013. Then beat them our 1-11 season. It will be a fun game. I think we pull it out. But no walk in the park

I kind of agree. UTSA and their fans hate us. Hate is a powerful motivator. There is nothing for them after next Saturday. Our game will be their Superbowl. I think they will take some cheap shots at our players, and l expect flags to be flying the whole game. If we can keep from playing into their antics and be disciplined, we should dominate them in the San Antonio.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I completely agree here.

If we just walk aimlessly in this game for long stretches, I can see this game going poorly for us. I see a close game, either way.

I have the true belief that the kids know that their head coach ain't gonna be here next year.

• Upvote 1

Still have yet to beat them in Alamo town. Like everyone else said, this is their bowl game. UTSA fans are melting down and the one's that have accepted that they are whipping boys have made it loud and clear that the year could be made up for if they beat UNT. 

KFC will be going down 11/24. This is UNT's first win in SA. 

3 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I kind of agree. UTSA and their fans hate us. Hate is a powerful motivator. There is nothing for them after next Saturday. Our game will be their Superbowl. I think they will take some cheap shots at our players, and l expect flags to be flying the whole game. If we can keep from playing into their antics and be disciplined, we should dominate them in the San Antonio.

Amen Brother. I usually meet with a UTSA friend for the game who I have know since my teenage years. He ware Orange and I ware all Green.

• Confused 1

We lost to odu because we were so disinterested in the game - even fans.  I don’t believe I even saw a “it’s game day” thread. That my friend is why we lost.

There is some venom against the runners. Need to go play our game and beat them down south. 

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, NM Green said:

We lost to odu because we were so disinterested in the game - even fans.  I don’t believe I even saw a “it’s game day” thread. That my friend is why we lost.

There is some venom against the runners. Need to go play our game and beat them down south. 

GMG

True, I was there and left at half time to go watch another game. Up 28-0, what could go wrong???  Sorry. 

• Downvote 2

10 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I know at least one player treats it like his super bowl every year. Only G5 player on the Butkus award semifinalist list. Something about McCarney not offering him a scholarship despite his talent and being a local kid who WANTED to play at UNT.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

UTSA had 16,000 announced attendance last game and they lost 45-7. They play at Marshall and that game could get ugly. When we play them they will be 3-8 having been blown out 4 of the last 5 games. 

How bout we treat this as bowl game number 1 of 2 and have more fans there than UTSA and have a party.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1