DRC: Five thoughts on UNT's win over Florida Atlantic

Brett Vito

Since our return to big time football in 95, winning seasons have been a rare thing. And in the history of the program, 10 wins in a season has only happened once and that season has an asterisk as one of the wins was after a forfeit. Even a nine win season would put this season in the top 15% of all time. 

And yet, it feels a little disappointing after the incredible start. Still, our players and coaches will deserve congratulations if the season finishes strong.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Point #4 was HUGE.   

I can tell the defense game-planned for Motor.   Holding that dude to less than 100 yards is an incredible feat.  He was averaging 168yds in the 3 games prior to ours.

True, but I think all those yards ended up with their TE since we didn’t cover him the whole game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

One of those, Khairi got burned peeking in the backfield on the play action to Motor (hard to fault him there) while his man ran right by him.  I didn't see the other long TE play.

Most of his catches were off PA and his route was Y option basically all night....go or he would break it off to a post if the field was open. I'm pretty sure FAU runs about 10 plays. 

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Point #4 was HUGE.   

I can tell the defense game-planned for Motor.   Holding that dude to less than 100 yards is an incredible feat.  He was averaging 168yds in the 3 games prior to ours.

Exactly, and kudos to the offense for beating FAU at their own strength. I was listening to the post game show on my drive home from the game last night and heard that Torrey doubled the yards Singletary had. 

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1