***FAU vs UNT Official Game Thread***

Harry

9 minutes ago, NeonGreen said:

This is the second time I have seen Shanbour come off the bench cold and delivering big time for the Mean Green. At the end of the first half against Iowa being the first. I really think we have the 2 best QBs in Conf USA . That says something for a team which was struggling at QB under the old regime. 

Shanbour has always looked like a well trained machine when he gets the chance. Maybe the Mean Green Gods caused that wrist cut for a reason.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Well he isn't in reality. Some of our fans wish that he was the number one for every open position higher than our own program to validate the "we made it" feeling that they are currently still clinging to. 

I don't think anyone is saying "we made it". They just choose to focus on the positives and the progress rather than cling to an empty bottle of bleach while they search for that bottle of Xanex in the back of the medicine cabinet. 

• Thanks 1

Good win. I stood through most of it. I thought we were as good as done. Though the win is good and putting a smug look on Kiffins face is always nice, but something is fundamentally wrong with this team. I have no idea, but one would have to predict that Littrell very well may have one foot out the door already. The product we're getting is a product that sort of seems to be on autopilot with the captain packing up his bags. 

Game ball definitely goes to Shanbour. The kid needs packages. People have been harping on that for what seems to be a couple years. He brings a change of pace to the O when things get inevitably stagnant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, NeonGreen said:

This is the second time I have seen Shanbour come off the bench cold and delivering big time for the Mean Green. At the end of the first half against Iowa being the first. I really think we have the 2 best QBs in Conf USA . That says something for a team which was struggling at QB under the old regime. 

You know, (for me) the really ironic part of Mr. Shanbours performance tonite was that when I identified him three years ago as a viable QB candidate it was NOT because of his running ability.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

You know, (for me) the really ironic part of Mr. Shanbours performance tonite was that when I identified him three years ago as a viable QB candidate it was NOT because of his running ability.

...but that's all he did last night.   It's all he ever does.   If it's not a designed run, he'll make 1 very quick read & tuck/run if it's not there.

And obviously FAU did not know this about him, even though every Mean Green fan knew exactly what was coming.

It's like they thought, "Oh, next man up... same old Air Raid offense though.  We won't make any adjustments to our defense."

That said, I'm glad he got to do that in his last game at Apogee!

30 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Take pressure off MF and off the defense and feed Torrey the ball on passing downs and he’ll put up 300 yards for ya.

I’m telling ya now.....we havent seen his best game yet.  He’s under used.  The kid is one of the most talented backs in conference.

Rick

He has virtually played his way into a "feature back" role.  Smith is rarely out there anymore.

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Take pressure off MF and off the defense and feed Torrey the ball on passing downs and he’ll put up 300 yards for ya.

I’m telling ya now.....we havent seen his best game yet.  He’s under used.  The kid is one of the most talented backs in conference.

Rick

For what he physically brings to the table he's great. But our pass game is too finesse to not have a more bruising running back. We need a dude that can get 2 yards on most 3rd and 1s. That basic play has stalled countless drives and has even lost games. His ypr is also misleading. He's a big play feast or famine running back. But no play last night was bigger than that 92 yard scamper. It basically won the game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

games

Ur

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

For what he physically brings to the table he's great. But our pass game is too finesse to not have a more bruising running back. We need a dude that can get 2 yards on most 3rd and 1s. That basic play has stalled countless drives and has even lost games. His ypr is also misleading. He's a big play feast or famine running back. But no play last night was bigger than that 92 yard scamper. It basically won the game. 

When the pass game has them shitting their pants dropping 8...Torrey needs the ball.  

I don’t care how. He needs the ball in space, pass to him or hand off.  I don’t care.

Rick

• Upvote 1