Texas A&M Commerce 11/14/18

bstnsportsfan3

Don’t disregard this beatdown just because it’s A&M Commerce. That’s a good program that has been to quite a few more tourneys than us. Last year they were a 22-win team in a pretty good Southland Conference. This team is good.

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Don’t disregard this beatdown just because it’s A&M Commerce. That’s a good program that has been to quite a few more tourneys than us. Last year they were a 22-win team in a pretty good Southland Conference. This team is good.

Isn't this a Lone Star Conference (Div 2) school or am I mixed up?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

Isn't this a Lone Star Conference (Div 2) school or am I mixed up?

Nope, I am! Could have swore they were D1, that's a pretty big school. So those tourneys were also DII tournaments. Disregard, this team is still good but A&M Commerce is not as big as I thought. I think I was thinking of A&M CC. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I always thought that a basketball coaches ability to build a strong team was 80% recruiting and 20% actual coaching.   Going from Benford to Grant has completely changed that way of thinking.    This team is light years more prepared than anything we have had in recent history (maybe ever).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akriesman said:

I always thought that a basketball coaches ability to build a strong team was 80% recruiting and 20% actual coaching.   Going from Benford to Grant has completely changed that way of thinking.    This team is light years more prepared than anything we have had in recent history (maybe ever).

I still think it's largely recruiting....but not just good ball players.  You gotta recruit kids who will respond to the way you coach as well.

I'd probably say 75-80% of a coach's success is recruiting in one way or another.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, akriesman said:

Agree-but let’s give due credit to Tony B.  Some of our best players are due to his recruiting efforts (Simmons, Woolridge, etc)

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Agree-but let’s give due credit to Tony B.  Some of our best players are due to his recruiting efforts (Simmons, Woolridge, etc)

I guess you could say Benford "recruited" DJ Draper but I believe it was McCasland that offered him a scholly.