Footballscoop nuclear winter

Cr1028

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I agree with this 100%. Man is a Texas boy and a hell of a football coach. This is college sports. No body is a saint from Gary Patterson to Nick Saban. Everybody has baggage. 

Well, there's baggage, then there's a cargo ship full of trash that Art Briles has.    Are you really advocating for him?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I agree with this 100%. Man is a Texas boy and a hell of a football coach. This is college sports. No body is a saint from Gary Patterson to Nick Saban. Everybody has baggage. 

Covering up wide spread sexual assault by his football team isn't baggage. It's criminal. The man is a crook and I could give a shit if he never steps a mile from a college football field again in his life. 

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is better, and I agree.  Although it's ironic that your avatar is GH.

I think Graham will be good one day. He has just proved this season he is a couple years away. 

3 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Probably should have led with that. 

Not afraid of a down vote or two. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RBP79 said:

SL ain't goin any where...thats crazy talk. Maybe when he beats teams he's suppose to...conference championship....bowl win...small things like these will get you promoted to big time college ball.

My thoughts exactly.   Look, I am thrilled that we have Coach Littrell here and he is building up our program, which I expect to keep improving.    I am of course not happy about our conference play this season.  But, overall things are improving.

However, that ODU loss did not just hurt North Texas, it also took some of the luster off Seth.  That game was a monumental collapse.   If we were to drop another game and/or have another bowl loss, IMO the P5 programs might start to get cold feat just a bit (if they have not already).    

Seth can have this team regroup next year and have an outstanding season.   Then, the P5 coaching jobs will become more of a reality.

I am not saying that schools like K State won't still come after Seth this year.  But, the chances are certainly less than that were after we were 4-0 and whipped Arkansas in their place. 

I am certainly not going to sweat things or even look at other coaching candidates right now.      If we are 8-1 or 9-0 next year and on top of the conference, it might be different.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, RBP79 said:

SL ain't goin any where...thats crazy talk. Maybe when he beats teams he's suppose to...conference championship....bowl win...small things like these will get you promoted to big time college ball.

Chad Morris was 14-22 at SMU and Arkansas hired him away.

Seth Littrell is 21-16 right now.

• Lovely Take 1

23 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Think about Greg Schiano--was a great head coach at Rutgers, had some players who committed some bad behavior before he left for the NFL. Got hired by Urban Meyer at tOSU as DC, but couldn't get the Tennessee HC job because of the Rutgers past issues.

Think about Art Briles' issues at Baylor.

Think about the fact that a CFL team had to fire him a day after announcing his hire.

Now think about North Texas and its views on athletics, football, and overall social issues in 2018. Think about the rallies against Briles even stepping foot on campus for an interview. Think about the cries for Baker to resign for even thinking about it. The protests would get huge media coverage and attention for the faculty that traditionally loathes sports here. 

Then realize Art Briles will never coach at UNT.

Seriously. I'll burn my UNT gear if Briles coaches here and I'll lead a charge to have him removed. I don't care about wins nearly as much as I care about UNT running a program that's as close to clean as possible. All the wins in the world don't really mean squat if there's a long list of crime and coverups behind them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 2
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Arkansas' roster was built 180 degrees away from Chad Morris' offensive strategies. Morris may suck for sure at Arkansas, but we won't know that for at least 2 more years.

Dickey/Dodge/McCarney/Littrell

Edited by Cr1028

44 minutes ago, meangreendork said:

Seriously. I'll burn my UNT gear if Briles coaches here and I'll lead a charge to have him removed. I don't care about wins nearly as much as I care about UNT running a program that's as close to clean as possible. All the wins in the world don't really mean squat if there's a long list of crime and coverups behind them. 

Wouldn’t you expect him to run the cleanest program in America since he’d be under more scrutiny than any coach in America? One false move and he isn’t only out of coaching forever(essentially where he is now) but also facing serious criminal charges.

I’m not well versed in the pepper Hamilton report but I do know that there were problems throughout the university and not just limited to the football program. 

For my own and other uninformed persons not be fully aware of the horrible transgressions Art Briles the person committed, could you or anyone else describe specifically the instances that Art Briles acted with poor moral turpitude? All I ever here is the nebulous, “he covered up rape”. Did he actually cover up rape or wait for the legal process to play out? What steps did he take in the cover up? I am asking because I genuinely do not know. Thank you.

I do know what JoePa let happen in football facilities and assume that has to be significantly worse than anything Briles could have done. Please educate me, thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

39 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Wouldn’t you expect him to run the cleanest program in America since he’d be under more scrutiny than any coach in America? One false move and he isn’t only out of coaching forever(essentially where he is now) but also facing serious criminal charges.

I’m not well versed in the pepper Hamilton report but I do know that there were problems throughout the university and not just limited to the football program. 

For my own and other uninformed persons not be fully aware of the horrible transgressions Art Briles the person committed, could you or anyone else describe specifically the instances that Art Briles acted with poor moral turpitude? All I ever here is the nebulous, “he covered up rape”. Did he actually cover up rape or wait for the legal process to play out? What steps did he take in the cover up? I am asking because I genuinely do not know. Thank you.

I do know what JoePa let happen in football facilities and assume that has to be significantly worse than anything Briles could have done. Please educate me, thanks.

How do you feel about OJ Simpson?   The man did nothing wrong, legally.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

How do you feel about OJ Simpson?   The man did nothing wrong, legally.

I’m not saying Briles didn’t do anything, I’m saying I don’t know what he specifically did that all the other jokers (like Kendal, OC at UH and Casey Horny, QC coach at UT) didn’t do. I genuinely do not know so don’t make me a defender of Briles, I’m just asking for answers and not the Brett McMurphy style headlines.

Edited by Cr1028