Footballscoop nuclear winter

Cr1028

Just now, Cr1028 said:

If you haven’t read it, our part had me laughing out loud. I loved it. http://footballscoop.com/news/footballscoops-nuclear-winter-iv/

Zach nailed it when he did this a couple of years ago when he nailed Seth coming to North Texas. I don't think he nailed it this year at all. It may be unpopular opinion but I would take Papa briles over GH. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Zach nailed it when he did this a couple of years ago when he nailed Seth coming to North Texas. I don't think he nailed it this year at all. It may be unpopular opinion but I would take Papa briles over GH. 

Briles so far has shown he is a few steps ahead of GH, now his transgressions at Baylor will hold him back

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

If they dont hire Briles who do they go after?  I think Briles is a long shot because of his baggage

Hell, I'll be his Bell Hop. Man knows football, how to win and knows how to recruit Texas.

He isn't innocent by any means in the whole Baylor thing but I feel like he got thrown under the bus a little bit and doesn't deserve to be Black Listed.

• Upvote 6
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Withers940 said:

Hell, I'll be his Bell Hop. Man knows football, how to win and knows how to recruit Texas.

He isn't innocent by any means in the whole Baylor thing but I feel like he got thrown under the bus a little bit and doesn't deserve to be Black Listed.

I agree with this 100%. Man is a Texas boy and a hell of a football coach. This is college sports. No body is a saint from Gary Patterson to Nick Saban. Everybody has baggage. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Fedora is signed through 2022 have to be a hell of a buyout, but Louisville paying $14m so I guess it could happen! GH would be our best hope to retain 2019 class. Kootz make DC!

I don't think so. If the next coach is off the leavch tree ( Eric Morris) make Mainord the OC and Biagi stays as the ST coach. Those are the two best recruiters on the staff. And most commits in 2019 class. Harrell is the least in term of recruiter. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I don't think so. If the next coach is off the leavch tree ( Eric Morris) make Mainord the OC and Biagi stays as the ST coach. Those are the two best recruiters on the staff. And most commits in 2019 class. Harrell is the least in term of recruiter. 

I don’t see any way Seth doesn’t take Biagi if he leaves.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

If Morris can make a run in the FCS Playoffs, if UIW makes it, he should be one to look at for sure. 

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I agree with this 100%. Man is a Texas boy and a hell of a football coach. This is college sports. No body is a saint from Gary Patterson to Nick Saban. Everybody has baggage. 

Think about Greg Schiano--was a great head coach at Rutgers, had some players who committed some bad behavior before he left for the NFL. Got hired by Urban Meyer at tOSU as DC, but couldn't get the Tennessee HC job because of the Rutgers past issues.

Think about Art Briles' issues at Baylor.

Think about the fact that a CFL team had to fire him a day after announcing his hire.

Now think about North Texas and its views on athletics, football, and overall social issues in 2018. Think about the rallies against Briles even stepping foot on campus for an interview. Think about the cries for Baker to resign for even thinking about it. The protests would get huge media coverage and attention for the faculty that traditionally loathes sports here. 

Then realize Art Briles will never coach at UNT.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

Think about Greg Schiano--was a great head coach at Rutgers, had some players who committed some bad behavior before he left for the NFL. Got hired by Urban Meyer at tOSU as DC, but couldn't get the Tennessee HC job because of the Rutgers past issues.

Think about Art Briles' issues at Baylor.

Think about the fact that a CFL team had to fire him a day after announcing his hire.

Now think about North Texas and its views on athletics, football, and overall social issues in 2018. Think about the rallies against Briles even stepping foot on campus for an interview. Think about the cries for Baker to resign for even thinking about it. The protests would get huge media coverage and attention for the faculty that traditionally loathes sports here. 

Then realize Art Briles will never coach at UNT.

Think about the number of folks that would "Rally" that actually follow the program and show up to the games. Im willing to bet that 90% or more of those folks could give a crap about UNT Football or the athletic program.

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Withers940 said:

Think about the number of folks that would "Rally" that actually follow the program and show up to the games. Im willing to bet that 90% or more of those folks could give a crap about UNT Football or the athletic program.

Optics...while your point is true, there is no way the university even lets that be an option.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Although that's probably true, I still think Smatresk and Baker succumb to them.

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

If Seth goes to a place like Kansas State for instance Snyder will prolly have a say about some of the staff saying. 

I think SL knows that following a legend isn't a really smart decision. You always want to be the coach who follows the guy who gets fired after the coaching legend quits.

• Upvote 2