Kody Fulp update

Marty

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Seems to me he came to NT knowing the LB corps was super-thin after the 2018 season,
got scared or thought he could do better,
went to a JUCO to shine & get some eyes on him,
then wound up at a FCS school.

Definitely downgraded.

Define downgrade.

He transfers, makes second team All-SWJCFC, and no has a scholly where he has a good chance to start.  I assume he's a kid who wants to play so for him this seems better than riding the pine at UNT. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

Define downgrade.

He transfers, makes second team All-SWJCFC, and no has a scholly where he has a good chance to start.  I assume he's a kid who wants to play so for him this seems better than riding the pine at UNT. 

Sounds very Gio Vizza to me.   Scared.
Again, he had to see that both Garner & Ejiya were going to graduate this year, so he had to look to the right & left at guys like LeMasters, Linehan, Thornton & Harrison, then KD Davis, Jordan Hunt & Nixon, and think, "Geez, I can't play ahead of these guys... better go JUCO."

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Sounds very Gio Vizza to me.   Scared.
Again, he had to see that both Garner & Ejiya were going to graduate this year, so he had to look to the right & left at guys like LeMasters, Linehan, Thornton & Harrison, then KD Davis, Jordan Hunt & Nixon, and think, "Geez, I can't play ahead of these guys... better go JUCO."

I don’t think Vizza was so much scared of losing his job to Rodge as he was tired of losing and he wanted to smoke pot against Todge’s wishes.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I don’t think Vizza was so much scared of losing his job to Rodge as he was tired of losing and he wanted to smoke pot against Todge’s wishes.

Vizza just got beaten (literally) down so much that he decided to quit football than try playing anymore. I suppose that getting pounded into the Fouta turf and sitting in a below standard locker room was worse than his Alamo Heights days and just decided to give up. I can’t really blame him—he knew that Rodge was just going to enjoy the same treatment and he did.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Seems to me he came to NT knowing the LB corps was super-thin after the 2018 season,
got scared or thought he could do better,
went to a JUCO to shine & get some eyes on him,
then wound up at a FCS school.

Definitely downgraded.

I see your point but you cant fault the kid for trying. Sometimes gambles pay off and sometimes they dont. Wish the kid nothing but the best. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Did he run from competition here, or was there another reason behind his transfer?  Either way, beating the kid down serves no purpose. 

Noticed Chet Munden replied to his Twitter post. I didn’t realize he was at SFA. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Feels weird to talk down about a guy who got a scholarship and playing time somewhere when that is exactly our argument for why a borderline guy should come here instead of riding the pine at a P5. 

We say commit here over a P5. Big difference over the transfer portal. If a transfer goes to a P5 he knows he has a shot to play.

We aren't a P5 so we have to do well with the 25 spots we get a year. He signed here taking a spot from another player. 

If his reasoning for leaving were just or not that still means he quit.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Feels weird to talk down about a guy who got a scholarship and playing time somewhere when that is exactly our argument for why a borderline guy should come here instead of riding the pine at a P5. 

Oh man, not from me.  I hate that rhetoric.

Too many times the P5 benchwarmers prove to be the same at the G5 level.   You can either play, or you can’t.

• Upvote 2

On 2/8/2019 at 1:26 PM, RiseUNT said:

quitter

[kwit-er]

noun

a person who quits or gives up easily,especially in the face of some difficulty,danger, etc.

So help me, I will turn this forum right around if you all don't transfer doing this sort of crap. 

• 1 year later...