New Bowl Tie In for CUSA

Cerebus

36 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I would proably go to this one and the the game would give me a reason to go to Mrytle Beach.  The game would not be the biggest focal point to me of the trip.  Rent a beach house and enjoy a vacation there.

I've never been to a beach when it's 55 degrees. Honestly is that a thing people do?

Will the 100’th best team now get a 100’th Place ribbon?  

This is sounding all too familiar to a watered  & dummied down culture a la European style melted down melting pot & as happening in other locales.

🐶Throw the G5’s another bone?   We have to get out of this mess soon as we can or act like we’re trying to.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Go independent. The conference payout is peanuts and the affiliation is laughable. 

We’re literally in NCAA purgatory & being bled dry on any semblance of TV revenue.

BYU alums don’t want a MWC tie-in or affiliation, but I haven’t studied their situation enough as a college football novice to know what they want for Cougar athletics.  It would be interesting to know.

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

5 hours ago, Big Z said:

If you were a player you wouldn’t want to stay home..

Okay that's all well and good, but by adding these minor league bowl games it just solidifies and perpetuates the second class nature of G5 football.

They're just buttering us up the for our collective slaughter and relegation into a permanent underclass that looks even worse than what we have now.

Edited by meangreenlax
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Okay that's all well and good, but by adding these minor league bowl games it just solidifies and perpetuates the second class nature of G5 football.

They're just buttering us up the for our collective slaughter and relegation into a permanent underclass that looks even worse than what we have now.

Huh? The division is caused by one thing TV contracts. Not bowls or anything else. Four of the G5s bring in $2 million or less annually. AAC is only slightly more. All the P5s bring in $30 million plus. There's your division. Period.

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

Huh? The division is caused by one thing TV contracts. Not bowls or anything else. Four of the G5s bring in $2 million or less annually. AAC is only slightly more. All the P5s bring in $30 million plus. There's your division. Period.

We're talking about different things here amigo. They're trying to dilute the product at the lower end to keep CUSA/Sunbelt/MAC teams out of medium level bowls that aren't automatic tie-ins.

How does a CUSA/Sunbelt/MAC bowl match up help any of the teams it will feature? Will it give them more exposure or a decent pay out? The way I see it the players will get a trip to the Dirty Myrtle out of it, and some free gear, but that's about it. We want better conference tie-ins, and we get this garbage. Laughable.

Edited by meangreenlax
  • Thanks 1

I think the stadium holds like 20k if they play it on the campus of CCU.  Frisco hold more people.  Everyone under the P-5 level should start thinking about and forming regional conferences.  The dollar are shrinking for the little people. We have to boost attendance to make revenue.  Some schools may like who is in their conference but it going happen.  

• Upvote 2