DRC: Muhammad denies he spit on ODU WR Duhart

Brett Vito

Sat next to a player's mom on the way home from Norfolk. Her son told her that if anything happened, "spittle" may have flown during some jawing back and forth (not that the son had any particular knowledge), as in when someone yells loudly and stuff flies from the mouth of he who is yelling. Spitting, to me, infers no words are flying and that there is a pre-calculated gathering of saliva that is forcefully expelled in targeted fashion with intent to strike the victim.

But the source's point was that the ref wasn't in any position to see anything. Essentially the ref just took Duhart's word for it.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
Punctuation
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, untcampbell said:

Sat next to a player's mom on the way home from Norfolk. Her son told her that if anything happened, "spittle" may have flown during some jawing back and forth (not that the son had any particular knowledge), as in when someone yells loudly and stuff flies from the mouth of he who is yelling. Spitting, to me, infers no words are flying and that there is a pre-calculated gathering of saliva that is forcefully expelled in targeted fashion with intent to strike the victim.

But the source's point was that the ref wasn't in any position to see anything. Essentially the ref just took Duhart's word for it.

GMG

Another sign that CUSA ref's belong referring a Wednesday Night Mens Flag football game and not College level.

You dont take a players word for it. If you didnt see it, it didnt happen. No video evidence to look back on then you cant eject someone for hearsay  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, untcampbell said:

GMG

Isn't this what the announcers were saying as to what SL seemed to be telling the refs?

Did he throw a fit, get a second 15 yard personal foul, gift them 3 points, totally shift the momentum, and we subsequently lost by 3?

That might need to be addressed. If he were truly operating at the high level he claims then he would have showed an ounce of discipline. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 6

40 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Did he throw a fit, get a second 15 yard personal foul, gift them 3 points, totally shift the momentum, and we subsequently lost by 3?

That might need to be addressed. If he were truly operating at the high level he claims then he would have showed an ounce of discipline. 

He threw a fit defending himself and accidentally bumped in to the official.  It was a b.s. call, he took the bait (which I would have at that age), argued with the ref, bumped him and got tossed.  I would like to see Baker and Littrell take this to the league office.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He threw a fit defending himself and accidentally bumped in to the official.  It was a b.s. call, he took the bait (which I would have at that age), argued with the ref, bumped him and got tossed.  I would like to see Baker and Littrell take this to the league office.

I played for UNT at his age. I never once in 4 years saw a player throw a fit and make physical contact with a referee that resulted in a penalty. He knows better. He screwed up massively and hurt his team. Pretty pathetic from my perspective. The coaches have probably dealt with his behavior and they won't publicly discuss it. Every player knows how to behave and he has to be accountable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep, especially since it happened so recently.  My bad. 

so the significance of life lessens in proportion to the time that's passed since their murder?

so Kennedy, OK...Whitman, almost certainly...Susan Smith should be funny by now...where are we with 9/11?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2