FAU Game Preview & Prediction

Philip Ferguson

https://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2018/11/15/north-texas-vs-florida-atlantic-11/15/18-college-football-pick-odds-and-prediction

I'm worried how we've performed in the second half during key games, so hopefully we open up a 35 point advantage going into halftime.  Being favored is good, but by 3 means another nail-biter!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

https://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2018/11/15/north-texas-vs-florida-atlantic-11/15/18-college-football-pick-odds-and-prediction

I'm worried how we've performed in the second half during key games, so hopefully we open up a 35 point advantage going into halftime.  Being favored is good, but by 3 means another nail-biter!

Even if we opened up with a 35 point advantage going into half, we would still find a way to lose.

• Upvote 1

I understand the comment and I get your  point but the game against UTSA still sticks in my head. It was cold and we looked like we were freezing to death on the sidelines, did not seem to have bothered UTSA.  I remember freezing in the stands. Maybe it just felt colder because we should have won that game.

• Confused 1

We will be up by double digits, then get to an extra points play or a 4 and 1 deep in our own territory and decide to call the exact opposite what would make sense to 99% of football fans. The play will go horribly wrong, and the players will pout their way to a loss for the 4th time during conference play.

Littrell will comment how "things just didn't go our way" and "we just have to be better" while staring at the ground and not making eye contact during the post game press conference.

Wren will start posting "Light the Tower" posts on Twitter and FB for the Coed Underwater Basketweaving Team's win against UT Permian Basin.

Ticket office will begin their planning for how to excite us into 5-10% season ticket increases come the new year.  It will include a powerful statement about a win against a SEC team that is only able to beat Vanderbilt.

Coaches wives will begin picking their swimsuits for Nassau for our trip to the Bahamas Bowl.

GMG will proceed to eat itself alive

And then the sun will rise on Friday morning

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

I want to believe...but I'm afraid we're not in the right frame of mind to stop the dirty birds and Singletary will eat our lunch.

Foul Owls                           42

Exhausted Eagles             35

😞

But I'll be there to take my beating with my team.

a8f7620e-0d17-469f-875c-9046688302d8_tex

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Maybe we need a motivitional speaker:

There was an intoxicated middle aged cougar type at Kilarney's this past weekend who rolled up during the game in an Ohio State shirt and no wedding ring, who tried to impress a table full of equally middle aged Mean Green fans with this line... I think it was the tequila shots she took prior, but she sort of butchered it.  

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Haha 1

FAU 38

North Texas 24

We have yet to beat an FBS team with a winning record this season. FAU is 5-5, so the hex won't end this week. 

The deciding factor in my projection are the comments Littrell just made on the radio program. Paraphrasing....  "The team just needs to get back to doing what they do, and our problems aren't really with the X's and O's."

Until our coach understands that adjustments probably need to be made after defenses adjust to what we are doing, I believe we will continue to struggle with the better teams.

• Upvote 2