FAU has become a season defining game

Harry

Guys we are 3-3 in conference play.  We really need to pull out a victory in this game against FAU now that we blew one against ODU.

I think this game could be one we look back on as a season defining one in terms of our ability to defeat one of the better programs in the conference even if they are having a down year.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Guys we are 3-3 in conference play.  We really need to pull out a victory in this game against FAU now that we blew one against ODU.

I think this game could be one we look back on as a season defining one in terms of our ability to defeat one of the better programs in the conference even if they are having a down year.

Haha don’t forget the UTSA Super Bowl Cannon KFC game.

• Upvote 1

Just now, meangreenlax said:

Yeah for sure. That game defined this team as pretenders. This game will tell us if the team is as bad as we feared.

I still think we are a good team. Not great. Certainly very inclined to mentally shoot ourselves in the foot. 

Nothing has been the same since La Tech. Most notably from an excitement perspective. To lay that egg in front of 30k people, with all the festivities, the atmosphere, after all the publicity, and for it all to be self inflicted Was just incredible in a bad way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

We could be a good team. But as it stands we're in 4th in C-USA West. We're a mediocre team that beats up on bad teams. 

Pretty spot on. I'd add something no one is talking about, this team isn't as well conditioned as some of our opponents. That's part of the reason we can't keep intensity up. ODU was still moving full speed and our team couldn't keep up. That, and they knew there are 4 quarters in college football games, not 1.85 quarters. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTexas said:

Pretty spot on. I'd add something no one is talking about, this team isn't as well conditioned as some of our opponents. That's part of the reason we can't keep intensity up. ODU was still moving full speed and our team couldn't keep up.

But I thought Wren hired a nutritionist for the team? The team looks like they ate bad Chinese food and decided to take a nap on the couch... 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Big Z said:

But I thought Wren hired a nutritionist for the team? The team looks like they ate bad Chinese food and decided to take a nap on the couch... 

Looked like? The napped for the second half while we got sick watching. I'm still in disbelief. 

Edited by UNTexas

I would be shocked if this team beats FAU at this point, I am sure FAU is licking their chops right now, knowing if they can get thru the first 22.5 minutes then they have it in the bag. 

Hopefully wrong but after the ass-whipping Lane gave a decent FIU team, Seth and Crew are in trouble. 

• Sad 1