What's up with UNT player spitting on ODU player!

scratch1976

Amen brother!  I think all three losses are shouldered by the coaching staff.  Poor play calling for starters.  Not keeping your foot on their throat when you are up 28 in the 2nd quarter.  This has happened three times now.  Something is wrong right now, real wrong.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THOR said:

khari needs to be suspended another game...stupid, disrespectful, idiotic, pathetic action...his expulsion cost the team the game

Has anybody actually seen any of this yet? So far all I have heard is one of the worst Ref crews in C-USA saying he spit. But I think its a bit early to demonize Khairi before there is more known about about how this really went down. Usually there should be cameras on pretty much all of this I would venture so we should not have to guess, but sadly enough with the crew that filmed this I am not sure there will be.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, scratch1976 said:

No discipline cost us 3 points! 

Why get cute faking field goal...take your 3 points! 

Blame this loss on the coaches! 

The fake field goal was a weird call after ODU gifted us the 15 yard penalty to let us continue our drive. I would have been okay with the fake if we had opted to pass instead of an option.  That being said, I wish we would have just taken the three. 

8 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Has anybody actually seen any of this yet. So far all I have heard is one of the worst Ref crews in C-USA saying he spit. But I think its a bit early to demonize Khairi before there is more known about about how this really went down is a bit premature. Usually there should be cameras on pretty much all of this I would venture so we should not have to guess, but sadly enough with the crew that filmed this I am not sure there will be.

I doubt anyone will ever know exactly what happened, but there are way too many fans that apparently believe the refs are right. 

Until I see proof, I hesitate to believe Mohammad intentionally spit on an opponent.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, outoftown said:

Has anybody actually seen any of this yet? So far all I have heard is one of the worst Ref crews in C-USA saying he spit. But I think its a bit early to demonize Khairi before there is more known about about how this really went down. Usually there should be cameras on pretty much all of this I would venture so we should not have to guess, but sadly enough with the crew that filmed this I am not sure there will be.

You are right. The refs made it up because we hear spitting so often. Its the refs fault, not the player who spit, got kicked out, then doubled down with screwing his team over for 15 yards and gifting three points to a team that indecently beat us by 3. The refs are to blame. Seriously?

Suspend him indefinitely. Teach the team a lesson. Even if the player's last football play ever is being a crappy teammate. Send the message home or make him figure out a way to make up his absolute embarrassment up to his teammates and coaches. Spitting, two personal fouls in one play? Nope. Zero tolerance. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I doubt anyone will ever know exactly what happened, but there are way too many fans that apparently believe the refs are right. 

Until I see proof, I hesitate to believe Mohammad intentionally spit on an opponent.

I agree that there must be more to the story.  Otherwise, why was Seth giving an official an ear full about the situation after the call?   Also, why did UNT get a second unsportsmanlike penalty after the call was made?   Seems like there was a lot of disagreement on the UNT sideline.  If it was inadvertent or more to the story, I’ll bet it comes out this week. 

Edit: Based on this Littrell postgame interview, maybe Coach was complaining about what led to the possible spitting:

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

14 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

What fans?  They would have to be at the game because that crap crew broadcasting the game barely could follow a play. 

Denton ISD kids would do a better job filming that game. Worst I've ever seen. Someone at ESPN should have to answer for such horrible coverage.

13 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I agree that there must be more to the story.  Otherwise, why was Seth giving an official an ear full about the situation after the call?   Also, why did UNT get a second unsportsmanlike penalty after the call was made?   Seems like there was a lot of disagreement on the UNT sideline.  If it was inadvertent or more to the story, I’ll bet it comes out this week. 

Edit: Based on this Littrell postgame interview, maybe Coach was complaining about what led to the possible spitting:

someone mentioned the 2nd penalty came because Muhammad touched the referee (either accidential or not) which is a complete no-no in the sports world and it cost the team