Perspective

Cr1028

Take some time tonight to blow off steam but tomorrow wake up and realize that we are still really fortunate to be where we are. Tonight’s loss hurts just as the other two did but we still are going bowling, have the top rated CUSA recruiting class, and our head coach has the best career win/loss record of any coach we’ve had in the 40 years since Fry’s last season.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 10

Just now, Cr1028 said:

Take some time tonight to blow off steam but tomorrow wake up and realize that we are still really fortunate to be were we are. Tonight’s loss hurts just as the other two did but we still are going bowling, have the top rated CUSA recruiting class, and our head coach has the best career win/loss record of any coach we’ve had in the 40 years since Fry’s last season.

lol ok. There won't be 2500 people on Thursday night for a 8:30 pm kick against a Florida school that is named after an ocean. That is also going against the first round of TXHS football playoffs. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

lol ok. There won't be 2500 people on Thursday night for a 8:30 pm kick against a Florida school that is named after an ocean. That is also going against the first round of TXHS football playoffs. 

You are angry but think about the alternative, we could be 1-8 right now looking for our next head coach after we had fired Chico or Doug Meacham. Just a few hours ago people were worried about our coach heading to P5 and now he isn’t good enough for us? He is still one of, if not the, best P5 head coach prospects out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

You are angry but think about the alternative, we could be 1-8 right now looking for our next head coach after we had fired Chico or Doug Meacham. Just a few hours ago people were worried about our coach heading to P5 and now he isn’t good enough for us? He is still one of, if not the, best P5 head coach prospects out there.

That isn't true. I stopped worrying after Clark out-coached him and UAB beat us.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

For the first time since I've lived in Texas, Lewisville is good and finished the season 8-2 and going to the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Who exactly is going to hire him? 

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

After an ocean ..I like it.

2 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Man. I CANNOT WAIT until we don’t start everything with “have some perspective, we’ve been bad for a long time”

I hope we get there before I die. 

I used to think it was a joke. I start to chuckle, then I realize they're serious. And my brain can't grasp their thought process. 

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

For the first time since I've lived in Texas, Lewisville is good and finished the season 8-2 and going to the playoffs. 

Yeah I loved watching my little mighty mite D tackle fighting these big monsters from Bell last night and helping his Kangaroos earn their first 6A playoff birth in 11 years.

1E731D2E-5985-4203-AA1C-A8C6C06EE6DD.png.36ca0cbdf8e128f6fbe43da7918963e1.png

So proud of him.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1

NO! Time for perspective was last year. This day in age change happens rapid or it doesn't happen. We were expected to win this year. We have so far. But NO, NO "PERSPECTIVE" allows for a blown 28-0 lead to a 2 win team AFTER A F'ING BYE! We have been exposed by La Tech and have not adapted since. We have been ahead early in every game and then blown up. This is on the OC and HC! I don't want to lose SL but this loss is on them. "Selfless, Tough, and Discipline"? We were the opposite on all 3 tonight. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

thought they were named after a state...

On 11/10/2018 at 6:32 PM, Cr1028 said:

Take some time tonight to blow off steam but tomorrow wake up and realize that we are still really fortunate to be where we are. Tonight’s loss hurts just as the other two did but we still are going bowling, have the top rated CUSA recruiting class, and our head coach has the best career win/loss record of any coach we’ve had in the 40 years since Fry’s last season.

Good grief, not one, not two,  but three times we have blown the lead this season! I drank myself to sleep last night hoping to forget about this game...

16 points is all that separates us from an undefeated season.  I wish we had those wins, and this last one was very disappointing, but I'll be there cheering Thursday night and in San Antonio at the end of the season.  I know there are a bunch of other programs that wish they had our problems right now.  #GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1