Where the Blame Actually Lies

4 hours ago, meangreen2016 said:

Remember when we use to comment on here after beating a team and say stuff like “Fayetteville fan forums are burning”, or “so and so’s fans are pissed”. We use to laugh at the other fan forums and how their comments just spiraled out of control.

sigh, those were simpler times. Now look at us.

You prompted me to go look to see what the Monarch fans are saying.  They are calling their win a miracle. They believe Khairi Muhammad should be named the player of the game and believe they need someone to spit in their face in every game moving forward. 

https://csnbbs.com/thread-862716-page-4.html

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

I was busy yesterday and didn't have time to listen to much of the game (r follow sports at all to be honest).  I did see when we were up 21 and thought we were gonna roll to an easy W.  Then I saw we lost and wondered how the flying F that happened.

I've been on the both rooting sides of these sorts of games....the miracle comebacks and the ones where you are cowering watching a slow-motion train wreck as your team can't do anything right and gives up a substantial lead.  One is maybe the best feeling you can have as a fan and the other maybe the worst.  I can't blame people for losing their minds over this.  If we were 0-9 heading into the game and blew a 28 point lead it would be brutal.  Losing that sorta lead is ALWAYS brutal.  

Since I didn't listen to the game and don't know exactly how it all went down I can only imagine the frustrating circumstances that led to the loss.  On the other hand, I'm sure ODU also played a part in this.  There is the tendency to castigate the team blowing the lead and not credit the one making the comeback at all.  Truth is, it''s a mix of both otherwise those kind of leads can't be blown/deficits can't be made up.

All that said, for all of our losses to come in games where we blew double digit leads is borderline INSANE and very troubling.  Why is it we can't adjust when our opponents do?  That is something the staff has to look long and hard in the mirror to try and rectify.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

15 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

-10 on the original post and only (potentially) 3 of you have bothered to make a post. 

and I've had people try to fight me and tell me to drown. new denton is soft. 

I’m certain I didn’t see my name in the box score, so I’m going to say this one is on the team. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Silent Eagle said:

I’m certain I didn’t see my name in the box score, so I’m going to say this one is on the team. 

I appreciate you letting my mom off the hook here... But this program is never going anywhere without a culture of true accountability. 

I slept on it, and... We're putting her in a home. If anyone has a suggestion for a particularly cheap and negligent one, please PM me. 

I'm doing my part to turn this ship around. Who else is with me? 

2 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

I appreciate you letting my mom off the hook here... But this program is never going anywhere without a culture of true accountability. 

I slept on it, and... We're putting her in a home. If anyone has a suggestion for a particularly cheap and negligent one, please PM me. 

I'm doing my part to turn this ship around. Who else is with me? 

I will gladly help you move her into the home.  

Who has two thumbs and is a team player?  This guy!

17 hours ago, Green92 said:

Funny, I quit watching several games ago. Just saw this final. Would never consider following or paying money to see this team play. My intuitions were correct. They are awful.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule for the post! We know you have more important things to do!

AE20620A-32A6-4AEF-A16B-EB7BF2DDD12F.gif

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Green92 said:

Funny, I quit watching several games ago. Just saw this final. Would never consider following or paying money to see this team play. My intuitions were correct. They are awful.

I totally understand your frustration, but a real fan never stops following their team. As fans we can express our anger and demand better from the coaching staff and administration, but at the end of the day, for better or worse, they are still our team. If they are no longer your team, then there is no reason to even type your post.

• Upvote 3

I’ve felt a new sense of entitlement and level of sports ball stupid emerging the last couple years.  I haven’t figured out how to respond to it. It’s like it can’t handle middle ground, we have to be world beaters or everything is a waste and we suck.

i hope our football team figures these 2nd half implosions.  It’s so frustrating.

Also, that double digit lead stat we share with Bama. Incredible, if true.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:12 PM, Censored by Laurie said:

its with all of you. 

you. and you. and your mom. and with me. and definitely with you. so many of you asshats yell about personal responsibility and then never take an ounce of it in your own lives. 

you built the expectations. this team goes 4-0 and everyone starts dreaming  of going undefeated and top 25s and national publicity...because the only reason any of you care about the results are so you can go into our shitty jobs and have a moment of win at the water cooler and respite from your otherwise mundane lives. 

this team was never great. it was and is a good football team with flaws. and good teams win games they shouldn't and lose games they should not have. it's seriously as if none of you have ever watched sports. 

this program has been horrible for a decade. we start to get even a modicum of respectability and competitive football and the lot of you fall over yourselves to by the #1 worst fan...claim you're done with the program...complain publicly about how much you spent (more self-importance)...

success and improvement are not linear. everyone should be disappointed, but try and have some semblance of perspective. 

I did a 😂 vote...

This opinion, like so many opinons brought to us with ease by the garbage fire that we call the internet, is wordy yet says very little.

And way to bring up an actual shooting as part of your series of responses... I'd offer to e-fight you too at the next home game, but I'm hoping we have Prime Rib in the Hub Club again and I'd hate have to change my focus from enjoying the last dinner of the season. 🤷🏼‍♂️