Where the Blame Actually Lies

As far as fan expectations, Seth has said on BTG how this team is special. I bought in to that so this loss is really hard to swallow. It's a good team but "special" teams win these games. Hope we can regroup in a hurry for FAU next Thursday. I'll be really shocked if we don't come out and play great next week after the two butt kicking they gave us last year. This team plays better as an underdog.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

The problem is you are dealing with Mean Green Fans.

And you may forget what a fan is, and I think in this case it is:

"A fan, or fanatic, sometimes also termed aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to  a sports team"

On this board is an assortment of the most emotional leading Fanatics following the Mean Green, what I am getting at is they may defy all things reasonable and be just emotionally charged. Liked trying to reason with a SO while their blood is up and they are completely pissed off and have with their blood pressure so high its about to pop them. There is no reason at that point only red. Let it cool off.

If you want reason come back in two days or so. 

Or is it to poke the bear? Then we have enough trolls..

This loss sucks!  But, only 16 points separates us from an undefeated season.  Seems like when something big is on the line (staying undefeated at home, being #1 in the West, MF passing record) then something bad happens.  As far as I know, Thursday night is clear, or at least I hope so.  #GMG

3 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

its with all of you. 

you. and you. and your mom. and with me. and definitely with you. so many of you asshats yell about personal responsibility and then never take an ounce of it in your own lives. 

you built the expectations. this team goes 4-0 and everyone starts dreaming  of going undefeated and top 25s and national publicity...because the only reason any of you care about the results are so you can go into our shitty jobs and have a moment of win at the water cooler and respite from your otherwise mundane lives. 

this team was never great. it was and is a good football team with flaws. and good teams win games they shouldn't and lose games they should not have. it's seriously as if none of you have ever watched sports. 

this program has been horrible for a decade. we start to get even a modicum of respectability and competitive football and the lot of you fall over yourselves to by the #1 worst fan...claim you're done with the program...complain publicly about how much you spent (more self-importance)...

success and improvement are not linear. everyone should be disappointed, but try and have some semblance of perspective. 

Excellent Post.

This post is spot on for Tech fans also. Tech has been to CUSA championship 2 out 4 years in CUSA, and in 2014 Tech was in driver seat to host but lost final game to upstart ODU in OT after leading the whole game 

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Green92 said:

Funny, I quit watching several games ago. Just saw this final. Would never consider following or paying money to see this team play. My intuitions were correct. They are awful.

And you are no fan. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

What a classless comparison. 

I don't see it as a stretch to believe any threat of violence is inappropriate in the wake of a national tragedy. 

but, maybe you're right. should've I looked into flights so we could throw hands and really settle things like men? 

or...and stay with me...it's effing hyperbole. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

you. and your mom.

It's like we spent so many years trying to make everyone a better husband and father, we somehow completely forgot the other side of the equation. #HerToo?

The next time I go over to Mom's to drop off laundry or get a grilled cheese, I think we'll need to have a serious heart-to-heart. Because this sort of football disappointment is unsustainable. And if she's the one to blame, we need to get this situation sorted ASAP. 

Thank you for your courage. Please send your thoughtsnprayers for what's likely to be a very tense and awkward Thanksgiving. 

5 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

its with all of you. 

you. and you. and your mom. and with me. and definitely with you. so many of you asshats yell about personal responsibility and then never take an ounce of it in your own lives. 

you built the expectations. this team goes 4-0 and everyone starts dreaming  of going undefeated and top 25s and national publicity...because the only reason any of you care about the results are so you can go into our shitty jobs and have a moment of win at the water cooler and respite from your otherwise mundane lives. 

this team was never great. it was and is a good football team with flaws. and good teams win games they shouldn't and lose games they should not have. it's seriously as if none of you have ever watched sports. 

this program has been horrible for a decade. we start to get even a modicum of respectability and competitive football and the lot of you fall over yourselves to by the #1 worst fan...claim you're done with the program...complain publicly about how much you spent (more self-importance)...

success and improvement are not linear. everyone should be disappointed, but try and have some semblance of perspective. 

I’m sorry, did I honestly just read a multi-paragraph chastisement of others for being too self-righteous...with an overarching theme of “only I have proper perspective”?  

93087F9E-2718-47DA-A8FB-2BF7DF1A11DF.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I’m sorry, did I honestly just read a multi-paragraph chastisement of others for being too self-righteous...with an overarching theme of “only I have proper perspective”?  

93087F9E-2718-47DA-A8FB-2BF7DF1A11DF.gif

yup. 

you, the person who has supported this team through Dickey, Dodge and McCarney, should definitely be looking for an excuse to stop supporting a 7-3 team after a bad loss. 

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, meangreen2016 said:

Remember when we use to comment on here after beating a team and say stuff like “Fayetteville fan forums are burning”, or “so and so’s fans are pissed”. We use to laugh at the other fan forums and how their comments just spiraled out of control.

sigh, those were simpler times. Now look at us.

yup.

We are UTSA 2017, folks. too much vanity or ignorance to admit otherwise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, dawgxas said:

Excellent Post.

This post is spot on for Tech fans also. Tech has been to CUSA championship 2 out 4 years in CUSA, and in 2014 Tech was in driver seat to host but lost final game to upstart ODU in OT after leading the whole game 

no one ever wants to look at themselves as being the problem. 

the lot of these folks would stub their tow and then throw out the coffee table. 

• Downvote 3