Where the Blame Actually Lies

This loss stung a lot, because it should have been an easy win.

However after every loss, we have passionate fans that proclaim it is not acceptable and they are no longer going to support the program.   

One question, if you no longer care and are not going to support the program; why the need to announce it?    

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

not suggesting the fans are at fault for anything but building the team up for more than it ever was and then threatening (almost certainly an empty threat) to stop supporting the team because they fell short of the expectations they themselves built. 

and "passion" is what leads half these people to their first domestic assault charge. I'd rather have "reason"

You are posting utter nonsense on this thread. Every team in the country should expect to beat one of the worst programs in the country with a 2-7 record when you start with a 28-0 lead, and when it doesn't happen people should be upset about it. This has nothing to do with starting 4-0 or building too much expectations. It has to do with decades of futility and people continually giving time and money to this program. How much more time and money does it take so we don't have multiple ridiculous games each season?

And if you think of domestic assault because someone lost a game that's on you.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

not suggesting the fans are at fault for anything but building the team up for more than it ever was and then threatening (almost certainly an empty threat) to stop supporting the team because they fell short of the expectations they themselves built. 

and "passion" is what leads half these people to their first domestic assault charge. I'd rather have "reason"

See. I was upset but then I realized how much smarter CBL is than everyone else.

Psht. Stupid fans. 

Thanks CBL. We used to suck. I keep forgetting that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheNewEra said:

Nah you see it’s not irony it’s real life bud. This is my seat for the FAU game, I will be sitting there for 4 quarters. If that’s not to your liking I can gladly come up whatever section your pretentious ass sits in. Come have this talk with me Thursday. You won’t because you’re soft and are a keyboard warrior like mentioned. I’ll be waiting.

EF4CB0CC-0816-437A-9DFA-772EB217F592.jpeg

I've attempted just this approach on a couple pandering dick heads on here. You're wasting your time, I assure you. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Stating the obvious, looks to me  we have developed a serious problem scoring in the 2nd half. In our other 2 loses we scored 21 first half points, but no 2nd half against UAB and I can't remember how big a lead we blew against La.Tech. This would seem to be a coaching issue.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TheNewEra said:

Nah you see it’s not irony it’s real life bud. This is my seat for the FAU game, I will be sitting there for 4 quarters. If that’s not to your liking I can gladly come up whatever section your pretentious ass sits in. Come have this talk with me Thursday. You won’t because you’re soft and are a keyboard warrior like mentioned. I’ll be waiting.

EF4CB0CC-0816-437A-9DFA-772EB217F592.jpeg

I won't because I live some 2000 miles away. but I will certainly add this to the queue for my next home game. in the interim, you should probably do some self-examination as to why a poster on a message board for a mediocre college football team would cause you to threaten violence.

especially days after the Thousand Oaks night club shooting. a peace officer lost his life. you should be ashamed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Two teams in the country have had a double digit lead in every game this year. Bama and North Texas. That’s awesome and also makes me completely insane. 

This has been a fun season, and tonight is also a historical low point. You can have both. 

that is an exceptional stat and I thank you for math. 

+1Ray

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

-1 from me

you can go back to my posts about supporting this team after their two losses and trying to be a half glass full type of guy. I’ve tried to defend them but this is the 3rd time in ONE SEASON they have blown a big lead and lost the game. That is unacceptable. We can’t just keep saying “well at least we didn’t lose to Portland state”. In order to build a winning culture you can’t accept crap like today. You have to hold people accountable. I’m definitely NOT saying fire Littrell. But something needs to happen. Maybe the depth of this team is just horrible and we can’t rely on the 2nd team players, but if that’s the case neither should ODU.

Like somebody said above, 7-2 should beat 2-7. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Two teams in the country have had a double digit lead in every game this year. Bama and North Texas. That’s awesome and also makes me completely insane. 

This has been a fun season, and tonight is also a historical low point. You can have both. 

We have also yet to beat a winning FBS program this season. Now we have also lost to a losing program. Our 7-3 record seems misleading.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

its with all of you. 

you. and you. and your mom. and with me. and definitely with you. so many of you asshats yell about personal responsibility and then never take an ounce of it in your own lives. 

you built the expectations. this team goes 4-0 and everyone starts dreaming  of going undefeated and top 25s and national publicity...because the only reason any of you care about the results are so you can go into our shitty jobs and have a moment of win at the water cooler and respite from your otherwise mundane lives. 

this team was never great. it was and is a good football team with flaws. and good teams win games they shouldn't and lose games they should not have. it's seriously as if none of you have ever watched sports. 

this program has been horrible for a decade. we start to get even a modicum of respectability and competitive football and the lot of you fall over yourselves to by the #1 worst fan...claim you're done with the program...complain publicly about how much you spent (more self-importance)...

success and improvement are not linear. everyone should be disappointed, but try and have some semblance of perspective. 

Yes.  You are 100% correct. F me for coming into this game under Todd Dodge and donating a few tens of thousands into futility.  I'm the dumbshit here.  You are completely correct. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheNewEra said:

There it is! You live 2000 miles away and would never say this things to someone in the flesh. And nah I don’t take disrespect of the things I care about. And I put thousands of dollars and 4 years of my life into this school, people fight for a lot less.

And you should be embarrassed for bringing that up. Getting your ass kicked for talking shit is not comparable to a mass shooting of innocent people by a crazy person. But I am done with any discussion with you, you are a sad excuse for a man that will never face the people who you trash talk on here. 

just go to Tavern already, brah. 

RIP Ron Helus.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

I am upset about this loss but I am not going to go crazy about it.  In the end is just a game and not life and death.  There are bigger  issues in the world.  

We seemed to peak early in the year and have been fading since the LATECH game.  Maybe ODU was a trap game for us.

I think one team figured us out and the rest are using the same blue print.  i not sure we can change anything this late in the season.  I think we could possibly loose the next two games.

The personal foul penalities bother me the most because we never seem to learn from the unsportsman like penalities.  I still think one cost us the LA Tech game.   

The game Thursday already had enough excuses not to show up for it.  This just adds another and it is going be cold night. I hope FAU feels it more then we do.

I am feeling like we may not get a bowl bid this year because how badly we are fading. We will proably get offered the Bahama Bowl if any. If we do I am afraid of who we will play.  I love this team and UNT and I will be at the last game of the season at Apogee.  I dont think I will be traveling to a bowl game if we get invited.   

We have come a long way but we have a lot of ways to go still.  Littrell wants to win these games and these losses are likely costing $$$  for his next job at the P-5 level. 

I hope you will all show up for the last game of the season at home.  I think the team still needs to see that we are behind them.

GMG.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Yes.  You are 100% correct. F me for coming into this game under Todd Dodge and donating a few tens of thousands into futility.  I'm the dumbshit here.  You are completely correct. 

I mean...if you've put tens of thousands of dollars into this since the Dodge era and are thinking that NOW at 7-3 things are futile and it's not worth it and, far more importantly, no longer enjoyable I don't really know what to do but to earnestly agree with your sarcastic post. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3