I would rather work..

TheNewEra

I am still reeling from that debacle in Norfolk Saturday.  For the life of me, I cannot understand how you blow a 28-0 lead! OK, I will just say it...that second half was TERRIBLE! Even Mason seemed off in the second half....missed badly on two passes that would have given us at least 12 more points and most likely 14 more.  While ODU is not as poor a team as their record indicates, this should have been close to a cakewalk for the Mean Green in the second half after that 28 in the first half.  Sure, the end of the first half did not end well, but still...28-10 going into the locker room.  AND YOU LOSE! Really????  Yes, really.  

So, that pretty much "screwed the pooch" on any hope for a conference showdown, but it did not end the season.  Two "winnable games" to go that would give the Mean Green a nine (9) win regular season heading into a bowl game.  I wanted more from this team, but I would darn sure take 10 wins a bowl victory for the season. This team is still a work in progress and it still has a ton of upside.

Yes, still bummed about Saturday, but my bride and I will be at Apogee on Thursday night to cheer on the Mean Green.  Would love nothing more than to follow the Norfolk debacle up with a win over FAU.  Cannot miss that...late Thursday night, cold, coming off a bad loss or not...cannot miss Thursday.

I do expect our smallest crowd of the year for the reasons already expressed here, but it would be nice to see at least 18,000 in the stands in front of bowl committee folks, and as it is the last home game of the season.  Anyway...GO MEAN GREEN! 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Anyone who giving up on the team I see that TCU is marking down their t-shirts.  Wonder what t-shirt he is wearing these days.

I soooooo love this post.  Inside joke...I know, but, man, TCU pretty much sucks this season. Maybe they need to get a banner! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2