I would rather work..

TheNewEra

Was going to take Friday off, stay in Denton and wear out Fry St after... Now I'm just going to go to the office on Friday instead.  I'll be there, but only partially because I'm confident no one will buy the Club Tix from me if I didn't go.

I am very much second guessing flying into San Antonio from Thanksgiving elsewhere on Friday and spending $400 on hotel rooms to watch another potential melt down. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Was going to take Friday off, stay in Denton and wear out Fry St after... Now I'm just going to go to the office on Friday instead.  I'll be there, but only partially because I'm confident no one will buy the Club Tix from me if I didn't go.

I am very much second guessing flying into San Antonio from Thanksgiving elsewhere on Friday and spending $400 on hotel rooms to watch another potential melt down. 

I was going to make a fun trip out of San Antonio. It's canceled now.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

As a long time NT fan, there have been games when literally the worst thing I did was show up.

The fan support/program success chicken and egg argument will go on forever. But we can only directly impact one of them. We should do that. 

Was yesterday an awful loss, sure? No chance I’m going to make a single excuse for that, but the arrow is still pointed up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

19 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The fan support/program success chicken and egg argument will go on forever. But we can only directly impact one of them. We should do that. 

Was yesterday an awful loss, sure? No chance I’m going to make a single excuse for that, but the arrow is still pointed up. 

I get it. I've been a fan through thick and thin. I know how bad it sucked as a player to play in an empty Fouts and other students or professors being dicks to me just for being on the team. (90s)

However, there have been times when I wished I didn't waste time and money to watch us lose in epic fashion. I'll still muster it up Thursday and drink a lot of beer but I get so angry after games like yesterday. I chalk that one up there with Portland State. PS is way worse but yesterday is on the list. I felt ill watching that last catch inside our 5.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

19 hours ago, UNTexas said:

I get it. I've been a fan through thick and thin. I know how bad it sucked as a player to play in an empty Fouts and other students or professors being dicks to me just for being on the team. (90s)

However, there have been times when I wished I didn't waste time and money to watch us lose in epic fashion. I'll still muster it up Thursday and drink a lot of beer but I get so angry after games like yesterday. I chalk that one up there with Portland State. PS is way worse but yesterday is on the list. I felt ill watching that last catch inside our 5.

I wasn't going to say it but since it was brought up.....I agree the loss to ODU may not be any where near as bad as PSU but it definitely made the list.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This team and staff deserves 5k in the stands. Good attendance is an earned commodity. I will personally be there, but I expect a poor crowd. And rightfully so. 

A 7-3 record "earns" 5K in attendance?   

Do you not re-read the things you write before hitting "submit reply"?  Do you type unconsciously?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 5
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Goes same for the fans.  Fans don't show up on Thursday in front of bowl officials and we deserve the garbage bowl slot we get.  

At this point I hope it is a garbage bowl spot. The last thing we need is for some Big 10 team to roll into Dallas and beat the ever-living shit out of us with lots of local coverage.

1 minute ago, All About UNT said:

At this point I hope it is a garbage bowl spot. The last thing we need is for some Big 10 team to roll into Dallas and beat the ever-living shit out of us with lots of local coverage.

The Reddit r/CFB reports of people at last year's Bahamas Bowl sounded like it was a downright party... I'd much rather fly to Nassau than Albuquerque at this point.

22 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Let's just say they deserve what they get...

I couldnt disagree or give you enough down votes. This team deserves respect from its fan base and deserve 25,000 fans in the stands every game. You can be pissed at the coaches but dont take it out on the the boys that suit up every weekend and fight for this university. Low attendance speaks volumes to these young recruits that show up to see what this school is all about. If they see that the fan base isnt behind their guys because they lost 3 games then why would they come here? Are we BAMA or something???? Do we expect this team to go undefeated every year? Was I pissed that we blew a 28-0 lead Saturday, Hell yeah I was but I am never going to turn my back on this University and wish upon these guys a measly attendance of 5,000 people. You need to get over yourself

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3