***OFFICIAL UNT vs. Old Dominion Game Thread***

Harry

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

A lot on here believe the spitting penalty was justified.  Why?  How do you spit through a football helmet and better yet how would anyone see it?

If I tried that, I'd hit my facemask and have it ricochet back in my face hahahaha.

30 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

doubt you see any of that.

It'd be one thing if we lost in a close game to a good team.  We lost in a close game to a really really really bad team.  It's a lack of focus.  Mason and Torrey looked like the only guys on offense with any energy or effort in the second half.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Are we still bitching about the penalty? 

We had an entire half to play football, and we pooped our pants.

Yes, I guess you have seen multiple spitting calls.  Seems strange to me, asking for other people's views is not in my definition of bitching. 

Your second sentence has absolutely nothing to do with my comment. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, I guess you have seen multiple spitting calls.  Seems strange to me, asking for other people's views is not in my definition of bitching. 

Your second sentence has absolutely nothing to do with my comment. 

It's focusing on the wrong takeaway of this game. If it happened, the penalty was adjudicated properly. If not, well that sucks. But 15 yards isn't going to kill you at the end of the half. We will never know if actually happened. 

To let it compound into an additional personal foul, and then apparently let it sap you of all fight or wherewithal in the second half is the real issue. 

• Upvote 1

On beyond the green, you see the coaches tell a player not to be pressing every once in a while. Not taking the 28 yard FG and instead going for a fake when you are trying to put away an opponent.... that is telltale sign of a coach who is pressing.

SL is making 1.4 million. That sure doesn't seem worth raising right now.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

I don't know if I agree.  But one this is for sure this team needs an attitude adjustment.  They get up in games and think they are better than they are.  They disrespect themselves and their opponents and that manifests itself in unsportsmanlike penalties.  Every one of these second half meltdowns have featured after whistle penalties.  The fake FG reeked of desperation and not having confidence in your team to play smart football to finish the game.  That is HORRIBLE coaching.  Seth has recruited great and brought in a great offense.  Next year it will be all his guys.  If we see this kind of consistent unsportsmanlike BS 2019 then 2020 he needs to be in the hot seat.

Selfless, tough, disciplined.  This team is failing all three. 

• Lovely Take 1