***OFFICIAL UNT vs. Old Dominion Game Thread***

Harry

4 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Littrell, Baker, and the players need to apologize to the entire Mean Green Nation for this embarrassment. Pathetic effort. This is completely unacceptable. FAU is going to beat our a$$e$ (AGAIN) on Thursday.

I wonder if Littrell will (AGAIN) claim there were no adjustment to make?

Wait...Littrell has claimed in the past there weren't adjustments to make?!?! Well fellas, if true, there is the root of the problem right there. 

• Upvote 1

This is why I was a bit upset when Wren called out the fans for not showing up to games earlier in the season.  You (team, coaches, and program) need to show a proven quality product on the field.  Today was certainly not a step in the right direction.  Lack of discipline, focus, coaching adjustments, and execution is becoming a norm that will not only affect attendance and fan interest; but, if not fixed quickly, will affect recruiting efforts. 

Edited by Mean Green Fan4Life

I said it during the Rice game (before we rattled off a couple of late scores that gave the false impression that we dominated the game), and I'll say it again.  We are not a good team right now.  We were a good team in September, but now that opposing coaches have figured out a blueprint to beat us, our coaches have seemingly no answer.  Our offense gets one good quarter per game and then looks like one of the worst in the nation for the other three.  

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Wait...Littrell has claimed in the past there weren't adjustments to make?!?! Well fellas, if true, there is the root of the problem right there. 

Agree.  If I hear that stupid ass comment from him again I think I want to puke. Any coaches says there's not adjustments that can me made is full of himself

5 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Baker wants people to come out to the game?  Playing games like this doesn't help. 

I was ready to stomach the 8pm kickoff and drive back home Thursday, even though it would mean getting home at 3am. But not for this crap. I'll watch it on CBS Sports. If the AD doesn't like it... Tough. Up 28-0 and we lose? That's crap!

Every aspect of our program failed today. What is our AD going to do about it?

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

This is what happens when a team gets a lead and plays not to lose.   All three NT loses were examples of this, but this time the loss was to a lousy team.  

right, they're playing not to lose. Why not keep your foot on the pedal when you have a lead??

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

I said it during the Rice game (before we rattled off a couple of late scores that gave the false impression that we dominated the game), and I'll say it again.  We are not a good team right now.  We were a good team in September, but now that opposing coaches have figured out a blueprint to beat us, our coaches have seemingly no answer.  Our offense gets one good quarter per game and then looks like one of the worst in the nation for the other three.  

Those were mostly teams that were completely reorganizing in their first few games of the year.

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Not going to lie, I've watched and followed UNT closely since freshman year of college. It wasn't always pretty but I'm also a Cowboys fan so I'm used to disappointment. After the UAB game this year I lost interest. I'm fine with a watching a team build for the future but not going to watch bad coaching and play calling. I might not watch another game this year. I'm expecting some big coaching changes this off-season although I'm not against keeping SL. I think if we want to keep momentum we need some coaching changes. 

I don't know if I agree.  But one this is for sure this team needs an attitude adjustment.  They get up in games and think they are better than they are.  They disrespect themselves and their opponents and that manifests itself in unsportsmanlike penalties.  Every one of these second half meltdowns have featured after whistle penalties.  The fake FG reeked of desperation and not having confidence in your team to play smart football to finish the game.  That is HORRIBLE coaching.  Seth has recruited great and brought in a great offense.  Next year it will be all his guys.  If we see this kind of consistent unsportsmanlike BS 2019 then 2020 he needs to be in the hot seat.

• Upvote 2