Schedule Question

emmitt01

I know some of us are not excited about the Incarnate Word or Liberty type games.  Here is my question...if you are against these games would you prefer home and home series with teams like San Jose State, Idaho and Utah State?  

They would be tough road trips and aren’t real “names” to the average fan...but they are D1.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure. I guess it depends on how you feel about those early season games. I have a feeling that they’re more about letting the team get into a rhythm and tuning up on a inferior opponent. Those alternative teams you mentioned would be much tougher opponents.

What do we gain by dropping our body bag games? Our SOS might go up a point or two if we win. But are we in a position where that matters? 

22 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Not sure. I guess it depends on how you feel about those early season games. I have a feeling that they’re more about letting the team get into a rhythm and tuning up on a inferior opponent. Those alternative teams you mentioned would be much tougher opponents.

What do we gain by dropping our body bag games? Our SOS might go up a point or two if we win. But are we in a position where that matters? 

I just know a segment of our fanbase turns up their nose at 1AA  competition.  I am questioning whether those same people think attendance goes up or that we get significantly more “street cred” by playing ANY D1 team.  

9 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I just know a segment of our fanbase turns up their nose at 1AA  competition.  I am questioning whether those same people think attendance goes up or that we get significantly more “street cred” by playing ANY D1 team.  

Well i definitely understand those sentiments when it comes to a team like Liberty. They’re insignificant and we shouldn’t be playing them. But they have enough talent to beat us if we don’t come correct. There’s almost no upside in my opinion. I say drop teams like that, but keep the one body bag game for the team to gain some confidence 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

...a team like Liberty. They’re insignificant and we shouldn’t be playing them. But they have enough talent to beat us if we don’t come correct.

Isn't this comment contradictory?  They are also, as noted above, a D1 level program. 

• Upvote 3