Portland (11/10/18)

BillySee58

Hard  fought win by very shorthanded NT.  Great game by Woolridge and Zack Simmons.  Woolridge may have had his best all around game ever.  Zack Simmons with his highest points ever with over 20 despite being in foul trouble.

Couldn't depend on Gibson who was not hitting everything like the first two games and quickly got in foul trouble.

6 minutes ago, outoftown said:

The onlz plazing 8 is concerning to me. Is there that little depth?

We only have 14 players and three are injured. One is a walk on and one is a freshman who didn’t come in with the greatest stats. That leaves us with 9 players who can actually play. It looks like since Arikawe was healthy the Russian didn’t see the floor. 

My biggest concern is our size. I remember maybe a month ago eating in the club level before a game and one of the assistant coaches was telling a table we are going to be quick and hustle all game, but we need to hit our threes because rebounds are going to be hard  come by. Playing a lineup where the tallest guy on the court is 6-4 though exciting gives up a lot in the paint. Hopefully We find some size from Mark and Alcindor, but it looks like play time is going to be limited all season there. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Do you know if they are expected back anytime soon?  I wonder if they made the trip.  I would think Smart stayed in Denton.

Smart is in Hawaii. Report (I believe by Vito) was that he was shooting around on Wednesday with a chance to play, and Mccasland last listed him as day-to-day.

• Upvote 1