DRC: Maher set to pass along UNT passing title to Fine

Brett Vito

Fine is good, Mitch was better imo. (Different era and offenses. I get it.) Simply because he won when he had to. Except maybe Boise State when they knocked us out of the 1AA playoffs and went on to play in the national championship game. Sure he lost games. UNT was in a bad spot during his tenure. But he won when it counted. He was also the QB that lead us back to D1. 

Hopefully Fine can get a Conference Championship and a bowl win next season and then I think its highly debatable. 10 wins and a bowl is freaking great but our team will watch the conference championship game on TV this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 11

From one warrior to another.  How amazing this story is playing out?

I gotta say...( as I well up with tears of pride)...one of the things on my bucket list is to finally get to meet and shake Mason Fine’s hand....and tell him thank you for all the hard work.  I’ve met his mom, dad and grandma but never Mason.  I look forward to that day.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

Just for perspective, Mason will break our career record this weekend and probably end rhe season with a career passing total of 9,500 yards or so.  Tack on a probable 3,500 yards next season and that will leave him around 13,000 before he is done.  

And that would leave him just 6,000 yards shy of the NCAA record held by Case Keenum of 19,217