ODU Uniforms...

Cerebus

15 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

When we have these road uniforms . . .

Wilson_Jeffery_091617_at_Iowa_RY_002-1-6

. . . I'm not sure why we bother with anything else.

When I was touring the Athletic Department with my daughter we were allowed to go in to the equipment room and we talked with Mile Villa the Assistant Athletic Director, Equipment Services.  I asked him about the grey since some were out as he was getting them ready for the ODU game and he said the "guys love it" and that it is "one of their favorites".  He seemed to me to be plugged in with the team and what they wanted for each game, down to which helmets are prefered for what time of day as well as which gloves each player liked the best.

I personally like the Icy Whites, but if the kids want to wear the grey, then grey wins!  We forget that this is a game and honestly it is not about those of us in the stands it is about the kids giving it all on the field.  Give them what they want!  Oh and put some in the stadium store so I can buy some!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ipd054 said:

I personally like the Icy Whites, but if the kids want to wear the grey, then grey wins!  We forget that this is a game and honestly it is not about those of us in the stands it is about the kids giving it all on the field.  Give them what they want!  Oh and put some in the stadium store so I can buy some!!!!!!

I'm a big fan of the traditional uniform, but I have to agree (as long as we aren't offering up ridiculous looking unis).  Don't really care if the grey is in the stadium store, but please get the green and white.

Funny story:  I won't name any names, but a high school coach suspended his best player from a game earlier this year for a uniform related offense.  As I understand the story,  the coach picks the uniforms the team will wear each week.  Well, star player thought the white pants would look better than the grey, so he went to everyone's locker and replaced the grey pants with the white ones.   Coach evidently wasn't impressed with the kid making an executive decision.  

Edited by NT93