DRC: Five things UNT fans should know about Old Dominion

Brett Vito

Per Vito,

5. Old Dominion is struggling defensively

One of the big reasons the Monarchs have struggled this year is the performance of their defense. 

Old Dominion is allowing an average of 39.9 points per game. That total ranks last in C-USA. The Monarchs have given up at least 50 points in three games this season, including a 51-17 loss to Middle Tennessee in their last outing.

Who has that “lion licking his chops” photo?  Please insert here.

10 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Its the week after a bye week.  That’s really the only thing I know and am concerned about.

Rick

I know the #OldDenton accusation is thrown around here a lot, but that is a legitimate McCarney-era concern. 

That doesn't happen anymore.   We've won the week after a bye since Littrell has been here, and I don't see that stopping this week against an awful ODU team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I know the #OldDenton accusation is thrown around here a lot, but that is a legitimate McCarney-era concern. 

That doesn't happen anymore.   We've won the week after a bye since Littrell has been here, and I don't see that stopping this week against an awful ODU team.

I hope your right.  But outside of the Army game in ‘16 we’ve struggled after getting time off.  

Bowl game loss in ‘16.

Barely beat NutsaCK in ‘17.

Bowl game loss in ‘17.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

I hope your right.  But outside of the Army game in ‘16 we’ve struggled after getting time off.  

Bowl game loss in ‘16.

Barely beat NutsaCK in ‘17.

Bowl game loss in ‘17.

Rick

Just so we're on the same page, SL is 2-0 after a bye-week, 0-2 in the postseason

2016:
10/22 WIN (Army)
12/27 LOSS (Army)

10/14 WIN (UTSA)
12/16 LOSS (Troy)

The 2016 Army games featured two different Army QBs, correct?
The 2017 UTSA/UNT teams were much more evenly matched compared to 2018 ODU/UNT.
Troy, we were just overmatched.  I figure they'd probably whoop us at any point that season.

ODU? We'll see.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2018 at 10:42 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

YOU WERE SAYING???????????

Rick

• Thanks 1