• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Brett Vito

DRC: Five things UNT fans should know about Old Dominion

WE need to start fast and end fast.  The offense really needs to get it going in these last few games.  Not worried about the defense this year and a year ago I would have thought the opposite.

• Upvote 1

Per Vito,

5. Old Dominion is struggling defensively

One of the big reasons the Monarchs have struggled this year is the performance of their defense. 

Old Dominion is allowing an average of 39.9 points per game. That total ranks last in C-USA. The Monarchs have given up at least 50 points in three games this season, including a 51-17 loss to Middle Tennessee in their last outing.

Who has that “lion licking his chops” photo?  Please insert here.

10 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Its the week after a bye week.  That’s really the only thing I know and am concerned about.

Rick

I know the #OldDenton accusation is thrown around here a lot, but that is a legitimate McCarney-era concern. 

That doesn't happen anymore.   We've won the week after a bye since Littrell has been here, and I don't see that stopping this week against an awful ODU team.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I know the #OldDenton accusation is thrown around here a lot, but that is a legitimate McCarney-era concern. 

That doesn't happen anymore.   We've won the week after a bye since Littrell has been here, and I don't see that stopping this week against an awful ODU team.

I hope your right.  But outside of the Army game in ‘16 we’ve struggled after getting time off.  

Bowl game loss in ‘16.

Barely beat NutsaCK in ‘17.

Bowl game loss in ‘17.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

I hope your right.  But outside of the Army game in ‘16 we’ve struggled after getting time off.  

Bowl game loss in ‘16.

Barely beat NutsaCK in ‘17.

Bowl game loss in ‘17.

Rick

Just so we're on the same page, SL is 2-0 after a bye-week, 0-2 in the postseason

2016:
10/22 WIN (Army)
12/27 LOSS (Army)

10/14 WIN (UTSA)
12/16 LOSS (Troy)

The 2016 Army games featured two different Army QBs, correct?
The 2017 UTSA/UNT teams were much more evenly matched compared to 2018 ODU/UNT.
Troy, we were just overmatched.  I figure they'd probably whoop us at any point that season.

ODU? We'll see.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

I hope we put up 50+ in this game.  That should help create some momentum for the short week game vs. FAU...

Yes!  50 in the first half, then rest the starters for the upcoming short week.  Let's do this!  GMG!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 10:42 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

YOU WERE SAYING???????????

Rick

• Thanks 1