Ted “Cruzes” to victory over challenger Beto O’Rourke

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Thoughts on donations, etc. from outside the state for a state election?

Some of those contributions came from national political organizations such as the DNC, some from advocacy groups that agree with O-Rourke's agenda, and some from private individuals who support that agenda.

Question - Did Cruz receive contributions from similar groups?

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I don't know, but I disagree with people outside of Texas having a say in our politics.

It would be really tough to monitor & enforce.  The DNC funnels money to state groups who then contribute to O'Rourke.  Sam Smith sends money t6 his brother George (who lives in Houston) who then gives that amount to Cruz.

40 minutes ago, GTWT said:

It would be really tough to monitor & enforce.  The DNC funnels money to state groups who then contribute to O'Rourke.  Sam Smith sends money t6 his brother George (who lives in Houston) who then gives that amount to Cruz.

I agree that it would be difficult to monitor and enforce, but the University of California was one of his top contributors, sending over $130,000, to his campaign.   Why are they meddling in Texas' politics.  They've screwed up their home state's enough.  Facebook, Harvard and Stanford were also large contributors.  I would rather people that are not involved in our state to stay our of our politics.  I know this is common, but every time I turned around there was someone from another state or even Canada sending him money and pushing for his election.

I also realize that Senators serve in our national political arena, but they are to represent the state where they are elected.  Stanford, Facebook, Harvard, Cal, etc... are not his constituents.

Of course, in true Democratic logic, he lost, so they now think he is a shoe-in to be the next President.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3