So, I guess we’re better than Houston?

emmitt01

10 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I dont ask questions I dont want to know the answers too.

I was close to the SMU bench. The kicker would come over every few minutes, whack Hicks in the balls, and out would come Hicks' head.

Kinky stuff.

In any event, Houston was terribad for a while (like they were against Rice) and then they tried to do their usual 4th quarter murdering, but SMU was good enough to hold on. On my way to La Mad before the heavens opened I chuckled at the P6 flag Houston had on the sidelines directly under the Navy flag. Best joke of the weekend.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CK2 said:

I'll stick around until UNT beats us. Our worst team in years dropped 44 on yall back in 2012. Dont forget that.

And not a single player from either team was out of high school at the time....many not even IN high school.  

A team that we curb stomped ran through your defense like a bunch of drunken bridesmaids...and it happened THIS WEEK.  

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

We also put up 46 on SMU, who put 45 on your team. Get out of 2012 and join us in '18. UNT is better this year than you all.

You don't have to be a UNT fan to understand that barring a game-by-game proxy breakdown of the UNT, UH, and SMU schedules, a UNT vs UH matchup is likely a UNT win. 

I'll take data that's a few weeks old with current players over data that's 6 years old with an old coach, old players, and hell, even an old AD.

• Upvote 1

Y'all,
If you think the SMU team that lined up against Houston this weekend is the same one we whipped a few months ago, you've drunk too much green kool-aid.
It was a great win for SMU, and a clear sign Dykes is turning it around rather quickly down on the Hilltop.

Looking forward to next season's game at Ford.

And Houston needs to watch for the freefall when Oliver graduates.  Lucky for them, they have D'Eriq King returning.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

54 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y'all,
If you think the SMU team that lined up against Houston this weekend is the same one we whipped a few months ago, you've drunk too much green kool-aid.
It was a great win for SMU, and a clear sign Dykes is turning it around rather quickly down on the Hilltop.

Looking forward to next season's game at Ford.

And Houston needs to watch for the freefall when Oliver graduates.  Lucky for them, they have D'Eriq King returning.

Both Sonny Dykes and Dana Dimel deserve a lot of credit for being able to turn things around during the season.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh!   That would likely explain why Ben Hicks was effective against yall.   He really sucks.   
If Oliver were to have been chasing him around, that game likely ends much differently.

I dont know about that.  We hate our DC mostly because he puts DBs 10 yards off the line as WRs run 5 yard routes.  

But it would likely have helped stop the SMU run game

12 hours ago, NTXCoog said:

I dont know about that.  We hate our DC mostly because he puts DBs 10 yards off the line as WRs run 5 yard routes.  

But it would likely have helped stop the SMU run game

I feel for you.  You just described UNT defenses from 2006-2015... as you likely recall when Keenum was shredding us with ease.
raw

• Lovely Take 1

9 hours ago, dodgefan said:

I watch all three metroplex teams every week,  but, I've cheered harder for NT this year, because of their special season. I will have to agree with Mean Green Texan. This is a very different SMU team, than the one we beat on the first game of the season. 

Good.  I hope they win out and strengthens our season even more.

Rick

• Upvote 2