UNT Teams With Affinity Licensing

DeepGreen

3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Folks, some of y’all are getting confused as to what a licensing company does.

They do not “Supply” merchandise for us.  They license manufacturers and suppliers who want to supply and sell their items to us.  

They give the green light to someone who wants to produce and sell a Mean Green version of their product, and hopefully  eliminate the red tape in getting that product to you and I. 

With our previous agreement Helwig got us into with CLC...it all but eliminated a local or smaller producer from being able to partner with North Texas.  

Hopefully this eliminates the absolute hell that was previously required of a manufacturer wanting to produce Mean Green gear.

Rick

Thank you for setting the record straight.  Appreciate it!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Collegiate_Licensing_Company_logo_svg.png.c0d0a326b84f1b2c6956f8875f8178a3.png

The University of North Texas was indirectly responsible for the first official college licensing to be established as a result of what happened at this game as indicatedon the scoreboard in the picture.

17766.jpg.5d27ade695a40689452011d1646f23f3.jpguntitled.png.3f81cb08710b5878d864961869e4c4c9.png

The Events As They Transpired:

(1)  Bill Battle was fired with an SEC record of 6 & 5 after North Texas beat the Volunteers in October of 1975 (with the Mean Green's 3'rd string QB--one Glen Ray.  The starting UNT QB Kenny Washington &  his backup Ken Smith had been injured in prior games of the 1975 season.

(2)  Then.....Bill Battle paid a visit with his ex football coach the legendary Paul "Bear" Bryant who gave him the start-up money to begin a college licensing company. 

(3)  The rest (you might say) is history.

* Talk about Bill Battle post-North Texas loss & eventually being fired turning his lemons into lemonade!:wow: 

company.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collegiate_Licensing_Company

I love a good conspiracy theory.
Can't beat UNT? 
Make sure it's difficult for them to sell their stuff, and only license super-generic stuff for dozens of years.

12 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Huh.  They definitely were not around when I was on campus and active in Greek life (around '93-95).

I was Parliamentarian and President of the Interfraternity Council in 94-95 so I am pretty sure we were there, small but present...

4 minutes ago, ipd054 said:

I was Parliamentarian and President of the Interfraternity Council in 94-95 so I am pretty sure we were there, small but present...

I could've sworn it was a Sigma Nu who was IFC president at that time.  I guess my rememberer is starting to lose function, because I would have thought I could name every fraternity and sorority on campus at that time.

From my "way back" memories: "The Sigma Nus were labeled "Bums" and laid upon the shelf, when in came old Beelzebub, the Prince of Hell himself. He gave the boys a hearty grip and it was plain to see... he was a Charter Member and a DAMN good TKE!".

I just walked through Rally House in Dallas on Greenville to see if they had anything decent other than the normal generic screen printed Nike T-shirts... It's really embarrassing how bad our gear is.  The LSU and Arkansas sections are 4+ times bigger and the gear the big Texas state schools have is really bad ass gear.  Our gear selection is pathetic... The only new thing I've seen all season at Rally House is a single black Columbia Polo with the logo on the chest.

I have an eBay notification for a few keywords to catch new/used North Texas gear on eBay. Sometimes a few older polos will pop up... but even that has been slim pickings this year.

And no, I don't want to buy the awful stuff just so we get numbers to allow us to have cooler gear.

2 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

Sigma Nu- buncha Green Day look alikes 98-02. 

What Greek guys in college back then didn't have spikey hair???... But for the record, I can't stand Green Day.

• 2 weeks later...