UNT Teams With Affinity Licensing

DeepGreen

2 hours ago, ipd054 said:

I just pulled up my Fraternities store ( one of Affinity's clients ) to see products.  Seems like I can get about anything I want and some items I didn't know I need.  Here is a link.

https://phideltstore.merchorders.com/

Thanks! I found the Teke store. Looks like good merch. TKE is also with Affinity.

Also found AKPsi, my professional fraternity, with Affinity.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We instantly become the biggest University they have.  Maybe they'll dedicate a lot of resources to us.   Seemed like we were an afterthought with CLC.

Congratulations....you win the “I GET IT” award of the day.

CLC didn’t give a rat’s ass about us...or any other entity not named North Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Texas...and the rest of the usual top 15 selling P5 merchandisers. 

Affinity, Learfield. Wal Mart, Gibson’s Five & Dime.....or just about anyone else will offer North Texas better preferential treatment than those piss heads at CLC.  

Rick 

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Congratulations....you win the “I GET IT” award of the day.

CLC didn’t give a rat’s ass about us...or any other entity not named North Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Texas...and the rest of the usual top 15 selling P5 merchandisers. 

Affinity, Learfield. Wal Mart, Gibson’s Five & Dime.....or just about anyone else will offer North Texas better preferential treatment than those piss heads at CLC.  

Rick 

Gibson's is really known for their good deals...

• Upvote 1

Doing some google research, it looks Affinity is ran by the guys that created Licensing Resource Group (LRG). I work in retail so I have little knowledge on this. LTG sold to Learfield and that is what is now known as Learfield Licensing. https://www.learfield.com/2014/06/learfield-sports-to-acquire-licensing-resource-group-lrg/

Learfield Licensing has a pretty robust group of clients https://learfieldlicensing.com/clients/

Usually after an acquisition, there's a 2-3 year non-compete. Maybe that has expired. But no doubt the people leading Affinity have experience even if the company is new. My gut says this is a good move. You have really experienced guys leading a company that we are a big fish with. Time will tell. As a consumer, all we care about is selection and availability. So that's how I'll be measuring although I do like when the ole alma mater gets a bigger cut of the pie.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

There's a UNT Phi Delt chapter? 

They were founded in 1991 and were around for about 10 years.  The chapter folded when the focus became something other than the mission of the Fraternity (The cultivation of friendship among its members, the acquirement individually of a high degree of mental culture, and the attainment personally of a high standard of morality.) 

Folks, some of y’all are getting confused as to what a licensing company does.

They are the middle man, overseeing and policing manufacturers and making sure they  maintain the standards we set for our branding when our branding is used in or on a product.  They do not “Supply” merchandise for us.  They license manufacturers and suppliers who want to supply and sell their items to us.  

They give the green light to someone who wants to produce and sell a Mean Green version of their product, and hopefully  eliminate the red tape in getting that product to you and I. 

With our previous agreement Helwig got us into with CLC...it all but eliminated a local or smaller producer from being able to partner with North Texas.  

Hopefully this eliminates the absolute hell that was previously required of a manufacturer wanting to produce Mean Green gear.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Thanks 3

Collegiate_Licensing_Company_logo_svg.png.c0d0a326b84f1b2c6956f8875f8178a3.png

The University of North Texas was indirectly responsible for the first official college licensing to be established as a result of what happened at this game as indicatedon the scoreboard in the picture.

17766.jpg.5d27ade695a40689452011d1646f23f3.jpguntitled.png.3f81cb08710b5878d864961869e4c4c9.png

The Events As They Transpired:

(1)  Bill Battle was fired with an SEC record of 6 & 5 after North Texas beat the Volunteers in October of 1975 (with the Mean Green's 3'rd string QB--one Glen Ray.  The starting UNT QB Kenny Washington &  his backup Ken Smith had been injured in prior games of the 1975 season.

(2)  Then.....Bill Battle paid a visit with his ex football coach the legendary Paul "Bear" Bryant who gave him the start-up money to begin a college licensing company. 

(3)  The rest (you might say) is history.

* Talk about Bill Battle post-North Texas loss & eventually being fired turning his lemons into lemonade!:wow: 

company.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collegiate_Licensing_Company

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
add pics
  • Upvote 2
  • Ray 1