Seth Littrell has no place in larger conferences

Skipper

Wanna' feel better about how things are now?

Read the 2015 article that was linked right below this one. 

Among the various notables in the article is this nugget. 

"Going into its homecoming game against Portland State University, a Football Championship Subdivision school, North Texas is listed by Las Vegas odds makers as a one-point underdog."

• Ray 1
  • Sad 1

I wonder where he got the idea for this article from?

I'm not going to complain with 7-8 wins a year because its consistent success that we haven't seen in a long time, but until Littrell starts winning the MUST WIN games, I can't trust him as a coach to really hit that elite level.We should be so much better than we've shown the last 4 weeks, but we are shitting the bed again, just like the last 3 years. 

2016 - UTEP to hit 6-6(got bailed out by our APR), Army

2017 - FAU x2, Troy

2018 - LaTech, UAB, probably our bowl game this year.

I guess the silver lining is that if he keeps losing the must win games, we might hang on to him longer, but are we really going to be happy with this kind of success?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

16 hours ago, Skipper said:

We've been spoiled really the last three years with really good NT Daily writers. In fact, they've all gotten jobs at reputable places. The writers this year are terrible. Terrible in style, creativity and writing facts. It's drastic how far it fell off the cliff. The past two seasons, some of the best stuff I read on UNT sports was from the Daily. This year, I find myself scratching my head at every article.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I hope every AD in the country reads this and believes it.

I wonder if any AD - even our own - will read this!

Back in the 90s, I worked with a video supervisor for a truck based out of Universal Studios Orlando. Everyone called this guy "Butter Knife" because he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I guess his kid is now going to North Texas and writing for the Daily! 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

We've been spoiled really the last three years with really good NT Daily writers. In fact, they've all gotten jobs at reputable places. The writers this year are terrible. Terrible in style, creativity and writing facts. It's drastic how far it fell off the cliff. The past two seasons, some of the best stuff I read on UNT sports was from the Daily. This year, I find myself scratching my head at every article.

Got to agree there. I remember seeing an article in the NT Daily about how people with anxiety shouldn’t have to do in class presentations because it causes undue stress. 🤨

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

@Harry was so mad that @Cerebus moved this last “SL is leaving” thread to the megathread that he programmed his skipper bot to circumvent the megathread!

Not true.  The Seth Litrell Rumors Mega Thread is for rumors of SL leaving.  The Seth Litrell is Going Nowhere Mega Thread hasn't been started yet.  

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Not true.  The Seth Litrell Rumors Mega Thread is for rumors of SL leaving.  The Seth Litrell is Going Nowhere Mega Thread hasn't been started yet.  

Then maybe the earlier discussion held about this article in the "SL is Leaving" thread needs to merged with this thread to start the new megathread.