Apogee After Dark

ipd054

4 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Wait the game starts at 830? So the game ends about 11:30. Yeah, people won't be bringing their children to the game and some people will have to be at work early and add an hour to drive home for the dfw people.  I am saying we have about 17341 in attendance.

What the TV people wanted. If the TV package were like sbc and aac we would have 0 say in when we play.

27 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Wait the game starts at 830? So the game ends about 11:30. Yeah, people won't be bringing their children to the game and some people will have to be at work early and add an hour to drive home for the dfw people.  I am saying we have about 17341 in attendance.

Of my four club seats, it will be just me there. I can't get anyone else to come join me for free... I'm trying, there is one guy interested. The friends next to me that have four seats didn't know until last Saturday that the game was moved to Thursday. So they were pretty upset to learn that Rice was their last home game of the season (since they live out of town and travel in to see the games). But hey! TV with two teams out of CUSA contention! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

so plan early...i am...taking off work both days, tailgating, kids out of school if they want.  if you want to be there, you will...no excuses

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 4

46 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

oh I am there, I am retired and don't have a lot going on Thursday night.  I am always there even on the 1000 year rain storm that ended before the game.  I sit with the little people in section 104

AWESOME...wasn't trying to call you out, per se, just that if someone wants to be there, they will and will make the appropriate accommodations   

i'm in 106...i'll raise a beer to ya!  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Of my four club seats, it will be just me there. I can't get anyone else to come join me for free... I'm trying, there is one guy interested. The friends next to me that have four seats didn't know until last Saturday that the game was moved to Thursday. So they were pretty upset to learn that Rice was their last home game of the season (since they live out of town and travel in to see the games). But hey! TV with two teams out of CUSA contention! 

The game wasn't moved to Thursday, it has been on Thursday since the schedule came out.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

can you tell me about what the lottery numbers will be next week? 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

The game wasn't moved to Thursday, it has been on Thursday since the schedule came out.  

Cool.. that makes a Thursday game all better. I will revise what I said, without changing the intent. 

"My friends, it seems, assumed that college games are on Saturday (their bad. They must be very stupid people, right?). They were pretty peeved to find out at the Rice game that it would be their last game of the season - since they cannot make a Thursday night game. They travel in from out of town. " 

• Downvote 5

11 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

We will for darn sure do better than this versus FAU!

No Thursday Wedding to DJ.

See yall at fabulous Apogee Stadium!

GMG!

tcu-stadium-empty.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1?w=1000&crop=0

If you closely you can see one of ex-fan in his tcu t-shirt on the 30-yard line......I guess in DFW you have to win or nobody goes to your games.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

My friends, it seems, assumed that college games are on Saturday (their bad. They must be very stupid people, right?).

Not VERY stupid, but this is far from our first weeknight game. In the last 9 seasons (not counting this one), we've had 6 weeknight games, 4 of which have been at home.

So while not an annual thing, it does happen fairly regularly...plus this one has been that way on the schedule from the beginning.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Unfortunately people still have class on Friday and the game doesn’t start until 8:30? Sigh.....c’mon 😞

back in the day I would hit the mean green inn (consume alcohol and hit on the women) on Thursday nights and go to my classes on Friday with no problem.  My classes always started at 8 or 9.  When young in college you can do it.

• Upvote 1

This is why the MWC has basically cut ties with the  networks. The scheduling hurt attendance and MWC was tired of having game times dictated to them for a much decreased amount of money.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Unfortunately people still have class on Friday and the game doesn’t start until 8:30? Sigh.....c’mon 😞

And, college kids never ever stay out until midnight on a school night...never. 😉

I know...I know...you weren't talking about college students...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 3