When the Dust Settles

StealthEagle84

29 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

And the better news?  Next year will be even better with Fine entering his senior season.

Fine will be better.  I am not sure about the guys blocking for him.

I feel more certain about UAB having a drop off than UNT getting better.  Re: LaTech, does that monster DE return for 2019?

This is a fun season. Games are games because they can be lost. Otherwise it is just routine. Last year all the close games went to us. This year the close games don't. It is how the cookie crumbles. It is why we love this game. 

Anyhow... Next year, the season will not be a cupcake like this CUSA season. Our SoS is just absurd. It was a best shot. We hopefully pull out 10-2 and then win a bowl game. It will in retrospect be an awesome season. People won't care about who we lost to, they will still talk about how good of a team we are. I still get it at the office... which surprises me. 

I like your optimistic post. Thanks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

And that’s just in the West division.  FIU & Marshall have shots to win 10 as well.

Marshall has a cancelled game, so gonna be tough to get five more wins with four to play. Though I guess the bowl counts?  I was thinking in terms of regular season. 

Edit:  Marshall and FIU play each other to conclude the regular season, so one is going to cancel the other out.  

Still, great showing by the conference. 

Edited by oldguystudent

17 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

..........we will be 10-2 at the end of the year with our two losses to a 10-2 UAB team and a 9-3 LaTech.  UAB will have lost @ A&M along with a bad early season loss.  Meanwhile, LaTech's losses will be  @ LSU, @ Miss. St. and vs. UAB.  Yes, the two losses are tough to swallow, especially given we that we got off to great starts in both games.  But at the end of the day, both of our losses are against quality opponents.  And the better news?  Next year will be even better with Fine entering his senior season.  I anticipate a huge amount of media buzz before the start of the season next year given Fine's stat line this season. We have solid, competitive matchups in 2019 with games @ SMU, @ Cal, and U of H at home.  We have begged for years to relevant at the state and national levels.  That time is now upon us. 

A certain dental office manager in Denton will NOT like this view...