Meanwhile in San Antonio

Harry

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

And FYI... there are a few people here who are really into hating UTSA simply because of the smack talk you and other Roadrunner fans have done here on GMG.com.    Troll game is tight with you guys, and you baited a lot of our fans into a faux "rivalry".  Congrats!

Can confirm. My unrelenting hatred for all things nUTSAck began when we lost to them in 2013 and all they did was talk shit. 

Because of their behavior, a UTSA loss is almost as good as a UNT win for me. I was/am ecstatic to see them completely crumble after their so called recruiting guru turned out to be an awful coach. In fact, I hope they go 0-12 every year.

But that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Winning will do that.  MTSU, ODU and Charlotte i dont visit.  I am impressed with Charlotte play this year though.  

We've had really good visitor numbers even in the lowest of years.  @Harry has had a board going since the mid 90s.   I think I found it in 95 or 96.  Before that I think he had a fax newsletter, and before that a newsletter he mailed.   

When you are around that long, people come and go, but you always scrape off a few into being die hards.  Even when the team is bad those die hards have to come some place to vent.   UTSA brought in people with early success, but the die hards are the few sticking around now.  If Rowdytalk stays around for years it can build a large group.  

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I believe you've come on here several times with some nasty talk.   Now you can't, because you're team is awful, so you have to play this "you're meaner than the other guys" game.  Just stop.

And if you can't get past jokes about that pathetic cannon or that KFC franchisee floating the program from a donor perspective, then opponents' message boards are not the place for you.  Stay on Rowdytalk.

And FYI... there are a few people here who are really into hating UTSA simply because of the smack talk you and other Roadrunner fans have done here on GMG.com.    Troll game is tight with you guys, and you baited a lot of our fans into a faux "rivalry".  Congrats!

But please understand that most of us don't really care what you guys have to say.   Especially now that y'all are not going to be bowl eligible.

Please find these post where I came on here with nasty talk.  That never happened, not something I do or plan on doing.  Not sure why are where you came up with that.  Honestly I had lots of good conversations with you.  Maybe you are confused?  

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

We've had really good visitor numbers even in the lowest of years.  @Harry has had a board going since the mid 90s.   I think I found it in 95 or 96.  Before that I think he had a fax newsletter, and before that a newsletter he mailed.   

When you are around that long, people come and go, but you always scrape off a few into being die hards.  Even when the team is bad those die hards have to come some place to vent.   UTSA brought in people with early success, but the die hards are the few sticking around now.  If Rowdytalk stays around for years it can build a large group.  

Hopefully so.  There are the makings for a great site.  As long as we dont lose the die hards it should be around for quite some time.  

19 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Assuming this guy has always used the same profile, I just profile stalked his entire history, and honestly didn't see anything out of line.  Most of what he has to say is either complimentary or a simple "nice remark" in response to trash talk. 

I mean, I think you know me well enough that I'm not just going to categorically go defending opposing fans, but if we point fingers at an individual, those fingers should be substantiated. 

Appreciate the research. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Please find these post where I came on here with nasty talk.  That never happened, not something I do or plan on doing.  Not sure why are where you came up with that.  Honestly I had lots of good conversations with you.  Maybe you are confused?  

correcamino, UTSAfan and some others have been real jerks.

Others like utsa vet and you have been good, but those guys posted A LOT, and they posted a lot of garbage.  If you want to blame someone for the anti UTSA feeling that some hold, blame them. 

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

Others like utsa vet and you have been good, but those guys posted A LOT, and they posted a lot of garbage.  If you want to blame someone for the anti UTSA feeling that some hold, blame them. 

Theres bad apples out there for sure.  Few mean green go to rowdy talk and do the same.  Ryan was a big one.  Side note, nobody made more fun of the box cannon than UTSA fans did.  That was just horrid.  I liked the look of it at first, but then it shot out of a box.  just bad.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Cerebus you must of been reading my mind because I too was thinking whatever happened to correcamino. Don't think he has posted in a few years here. Tho I found it clever when somebody posted a picture of him from his twitter account when a bus of Roadrunner came up for the 2013 game.

• Lovely Take 1

49 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

I redacted that part of my post sir.   My apologies for the false accusation.
giphy.gif

• Upvote 2