Meanwhile in San Antonio

Harry

11 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I hate to do anything that might help nUTSAck, but might I suggest they start their search for a new coach at a little school called Westlake just up the road in Austin?   

Oh please, he's getting paid gobs of money and has the #1 recruiting class in his district coming in next year.   He's got a good thing going at Westlake with lots of administrative support & his family loves it there!  He can afford to wait for better opportunities!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I hate to do anything that might help nUTSAck, but might I suggest they start their search for a new coach at a little school called Westlake just up the road in Austin?   

They STILL have the opportunity to get RV to come in and clean house down there and help lead their athletic department...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, akriesman said:

When it comes to UTSA news, there is really only 1 thing that interests me.    That AWESOME cannon.   I just can't get enough of this.

They are working on an upgrade. As soon as they work out the theatrics with the mascot and the spirit team, they will be going to THIS...

200w.gif?cid=3640f6095bd886066a3277444da

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Seems like we are still trying to recover from our bad years.  We still can't get to capacity at the stadium.  DId UTSA bring out the cannon for a second time?  It is getting a lot of comments from all over the conference.  You know how you steal the opponent's mascots or other things, If I was a UTSA student I would be working on how to steal that cannon and destroying it and the box that goes with it.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Seems like we are still trying to recover from our bad years.  We still can't get to capacity at the stadium.  DId UTSA bring out the cannon for a second time?  It is getting a lot of comments from all over the conference.  You know how you steal the opponent's mascots or other things, If I was a UTSA student I would be working on how to steal that cannon and destroying it and the box that goes with it.

Yes a smart UTSA student would...

hahahahaha! Smart UTSA student! Oh boy I kill me! Can’t stop laughing 😆 

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

That will be like another home game for Army. The Roadrunner fans will have to clean up their act...all 1,000 of them that will show up.  I look forward to seeing some video of Army-fan facial expressions if nUTSAck rolls out that "cannon". 🙂

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2018 at 10:26 AM, EagleMBA said:

That will be like another home game for Army. The Roadrunner fans will have to clean up their act...all 1,000 of them that will show up.  I look forward to seeing some video of Army-fan facial expressions if nUTSAck rolls out that "cannon". 🙂

hmmmm.  1000?  odd thing is that our team is just down right dog shit this year and we still have a better average than UNT at games.  Truthfully, you guys should be selling out the stadium every game with the team you have right now.  Whats the deal? 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 9

8 hours ago, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

Have to be UTSA fans today and hand UAB a loss.

no way, I want UAB to win out as it only helps CUSA in the long run, we had our chance and screwed ourselves twice, West Title is out of the equation. We need to cheer for UAB and FIU to win out until the Championship game.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

Have to be UTSA fans today and hand UAB a loss.

I think you should change to UNTBowler's theory, especially considering that UAB is kicking the nUTSAcks 38 - 3 at halftime. 

How bad is it? UTSA's self proclaimed superfan Rowdy is reading the North Texas message boards during their game. I guess he came to his senses and now wants to live his life vicariously through North Texas fans.

Edited by ADLER
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Rowdy said:

hmmmm.  1000?  odd thing is that our team is just down right dog shit this year and we still have a better average than UNT at games.  Truthfully, you guys should be selling out the stadium every game with the team you have right now.  Whats the deal? 

If you count “buckets sold” then, yes, you have better attendance

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2018 at 8:12 PM, ADLER said:

I think you should change to UNTBowler's theory, especially considering that UAB is kicking the nUTSAcks 38 - 3 at halftime. 

How bad is it? UTSA's self proclaimed superfan Rowdy is reading the North Texas message boards during their game. I guess he came to his senses and now wants to live his life vicariously through North Texas fans.

To be fair, I often visit many other teams in CUSA to chat with.  Most are great places to chat it up with fellow CUSA members.  None of them are as into bashing other teams as you guys are here though.  

On 11/4/2018 at 7:45 AM, emmitt01 said:

If you count “buckets sold” then, yes, you have better attendance

Classy.  See comment above.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Rowdy said:

To be fair, I often visit many other teams in CUSA to chat with.  Most are great places to chat it up with fellow CUSA members.  None of them are as into bashing other teams as you guys are here though.  

Outside of Cougar King, who nobody seems to understand, I cannot think of any more antagonistic opposing fan on this board than correcamino. Combine that with some unsavory fan encounters in Apogee, and UTSA players engaging in some unsavory conduct in our stadium, it's difficult to not be antagonistic in "return" to any UTSA supporter that shows up here. 

Like many things in life, the small number of bad apples can leave enough of a bitter taste as to swear off the fruit entirely. 

I'm sure that you feel the same way in mirror image. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Rowdy said:

To be fair, I often visit many other teams in CUSA to chat with.  Most are great places to chat it up with fellow CUSA members.  

Most of them have a fraction of this sites membership and traffic.  

• UAB's busiest is the CSNBBS team board, much slower.
  • USM's is also a much slower CSNBBS board.
  • LaTech has bulldog barks and bytes, currently probably the second busiest, but still much slower.
  • UTSA has RowdyTalk, which used to be very busy, but is very slow lately.
  • Rice has the CSNBBS board, not much traffic either.
  • UTEP has no real active discussion board.
  • Marshall has herd nation, about as busy as LaTech's board.
  • FAU, very, very slow CSNBBS.
  • FIU, no real active board.
  • WKU has Hilltoper Haven, about as busy as Marshall/LaTech.
  • MTSU has a couple of slow boards.
  • ODU's board on CSNBBS was busy during the vatech game, pretty dead every other day.
  • Charlotte has Niner Nation, pretty slow.

There are over 100 visitors on GoMeanGreen.com right now.  This football season we have averaged about 2000 posts a week.  We are busier than the entire CUSA message board on CSNBBS and probably busier than all the other CUSA team boards combined.

So yeah, there are a lot of people on here.  Much more than the other boards you visit.  Even if only a few percent of our users give other teams a hard time, it is going to be a lot of people razzing on visiting fans.  

4 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Outside of Cougar King, who nobody seems to understand, I cannot think of any more antagonistic opposing fan on this board than correcamino. Combine that with some unsavory fan encounters in Apogee, and UTSA players engaging in some unsavory conduct in our stadium, it's difficult to not be antagonistic in "return" to any UTSA supporter that shows up here. 

Like many things in life, the small number of bad apples can leave enough of a bitter taste as to swear off the fruit entirely. 

I'm sure that you feel the same way in mirror image. 

Indeed.  Few bad ones make it bad for us all and that is the same with any organization or group.  Usually the bad apples speak louder than the rest as well.  

• Lovely Take 2

1 hour ago, Rowdy said:

EDIT:   FALSELY ACCUSED Mr. Rowdy.   My apologies Mr. Rowdy.

However,

Just stop.

And if you can't get past jokes about that pathetic cannon or that KFC franchisee floating the program from a donor perspective, then opponents' message boards are not the place for you.  Stay on Rowdytalk.

And FYI... there are a few people here who are really into hating UTSA simply because of the smack talk you and other Roadrunner fans have done here on GMG.com.    Troll game is tight with you guys, and you baited a lot of our fans into a faux "rivalry".  Congrats!

But please understand that most of us don't really care what you guys have to say.   Especially now that y'all are not going to be bowl eligible.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Most of them have a fraction of this sites membership and traffic.  

• UAB's busiest is the CSNBBS team board, much slower.
  • USM's is also a much slower CSNBBS board.
  • LaTech has bulldog barks and bytes, currently probably the second busiest, but still much slower.
  • UTSA has RowdyTalk, which used to be very busy, but is very slow lately.
  • Rice has the CSNBBS board, not much traffic either.
  • UTEP has no real active discussion board.
  • Marshall has herd nation, about as busy as LaTech's board.
  • FAU, very, very slow CSNBBS.
  • FIU, no real active board.
  • WKU has Hilltoper Haven, about as busy as Marshall/LaTech.
  • MTSU has a couple of slow boards.
  • ODU's board on CSNBBS was busy during the vatech game, pretty dead every other day.
  • Charlotte has Niner Nation, pretty slow.

There are over 100 visitors on GoMeanGreen.com right now.  This football season we have averaged about 2000 posts a week.  We are busier than the entire CUSA message board on CSNBBS and probably busier than all the other CUSA team boards combined.

So yeah, there are a lot of people on here.  Much more than the other boards you visit.  Even if only a few percent of our users give other teams a hard time, it is going to be a lot of people razzing on visiting fans.  

Winning will do that.  MTSU, ODU and Charlotte i dont visit.  I am impressed with Charlotte play this year though.  

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I believe you've come on here several times with some nasty talk.   Now you can't, because you're team is awful, so you have to play this "you're meaner than the other guys" game.  Just stop.

And if you can't get past jokes about that pathetic cannon or that KFC franchisee floating the program from a donor perspective, then opponents' message boards are not the place for you.  Stay on Rowdytalk.

And FYI... there are a few people here who are really into hating UTSA simply because of the smack talk you and other Roadrunner fans have done here on GMG.com.    Troll game is tight with you guys, and you baited a lot of our fans into a faux "rivalry".  Congrats!

But please understand that most of us don't really care what you guys have to say.   Especially now that y'all are not going to be bowl eligible.

Assuming this guy has always used the same profile, I just profile stalked his entire history, and honestly didn't see anything out of line.  Most of what he has to say is either complimentary or a simple "nice remark" in response to trash talk. 

I mean, I think you know me well enough that I'm not just going to categorically go defending opposing fans, but if we point fingers at an individual, those fingers should be substantiated. 

• Thanks 2