Meanwhile in San Antonio

Harry

Apathy the number one killer

The worst thing that can happen at any level of a sports team is fan apathy. This has been so boring and pathetic for too long now. Imagine the major steps that are going to have to take to crawl out of this hole. Once things get so bad and fans become disinterested it's really hard to stop the negative momentum.

Read more:  http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/10423-Apathy-the-number-one-killer

Looks like I can walk up to the ticket window at the Alamodome and get a 50 yard line ticket for our game on Nov.24...who knows, maybe some UTSA fan will give me his tickets, since they seem to be so embarrassed by the Roadrunners.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Remember when we had the discussion if it was better to hire an X's/O's coach or a Recruiter?

I think it's pretty clear what the answer is. Whatever recruiting acumen Wilson has, he completely destroys with AWFUL coaching.

They have no idea or any reference to what “Bad Coaching” looks like.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

If Wilson becomes available, do we hire him to oversee recruiting at UNT?  I know, I know.  We have the No. 1 recruiting class in CUSA.  But could Wilson elevate our recruiting even more?  Hell, hire him just to bring in 4* and 5* linemen!

4* and 5* star linemen with pending assault with a deadly weapon/felony burglary cases.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I’m skeptical that Wilson is capable of bringing 4 or 5 star guys that don’t have issues. Whether it’s character/legal/ or academic. I want to win just as much as the next fan but I don’t want the price of winning to bring shame on this program because the NCAA wouldn’t think twice about making North Texas an example.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

If Wilson becomes available, do we hire him to oversee recruiting at UNT?  I know, I know.  We have the No. 1 recruiting class in CUSA.  But could Wilson elevate our recruiting even more?  Hell, hire him just to bring in 4* and 5* linemen!

First off lets hope we can keep the recruiting coordinator we have.  In all my years as a fan I have never seen a class this good.  Second,  Wilson will have plenty of opportunities better than Recruiting Coordinator at UNT.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Remember when we had the discussion if it was better to hire an X's/O's coach or a Recruiter?

I think it's pretty clear what the answer is. Whatever recruiting acumen Wilson has, he completely destroys with AWFUL coaching.

He's a lot like Tony Benford in that respect.  Tony was more likeable though in my opinion.

UTSA has seriously blown their advantages that most places would die to have in the G5. Sit in a big metro area with no FBS competition in your metro area--check. Have a large place to bring in big name opponents from P5 conferences to your travel destination city? Check. Sit in a fertile recruiting area? Check. Have no losing to have to conquer your alumni and fanbase with? Check. Have a large city media to cover you? Check.

How they have fallen off is really amazing from just over a year ago. Talk about disastrous...

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

UTSA has seriously blown their advantages that most places would die to have in the G5. Sit in a big metro area with no FBS competition in your metro area--check. Have a large place to bring in big name opponents from P5 conferences to your travel destination city? Check. Sit in a fertile recruiting area? Check. Have no losing to have to conquer your alumni and fanbase with? Check. Have a large city media to cover you? Check.

How they have fallen off is really amazing from just over a year ago. Talk about disastrous...

They still have all of those advantages.  Get the right coach and it could be a great job. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

If Wilson becomes available, he'll be an assistant coach at a P5 school.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I like our new recruiting coordinator and what he has produced in year one.  Let's see where the walrus takes us.

• Upvote 2