Possible Bowl Games Mega Thread

ADLER

4 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Same thing as with any bowl game on Dec. 15. I work for the university in an academic capacity, which means graduations.

The early bowl games are a killer for our attendance precisely because they’re happening while our students either just finished finals or are graduating and they’re happening before most alums’ holiday vacations start. It’s such a damned buzzkill.

The value of 10 or more wins and CUSA championships to us isn’t a New Year’s Day bowl; it’s a bowl that is played when we have a chance to turn out fans.

Edited by MeanGreenWithEnvy
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

Stubhub already has us listed as playing TBA in New Mexico Bowl. Remember, SL likes to play bowl games before Christmas to give his coaches and players the holiday off.

Well we should of had more fans there against Southern Mississippi. 

• Confused 1

the opponent will be better then last year but the date still sucks and its not a drivable distance. just looked up flights from dallas to abq and its running 430$ round trip....just cant afford to swing that. this sucks. i really really hope the sources are wrong but i doubt it

If we go to this New Mexico Bowl. No wonder Seth Littrell wants to leave North Texas. Why do I want to travel from Houston to Albuquerque? I would much rather go to Shreveport and play Miami. The c-usa, ESPN, and our athletic Administration (?), aren't doing us any favors. If this is the case they just want UNT to be strong enough to poach quality coaches from our program. Then we have above-average recruiting class, have the outgoing coach if it happens poach recruits, or another school(s) for that matter. If Seth Littrell has enough character not to poach players. But this is in the end of the day all business, so don't be surprised if that happens. In Truth, UNT gets no respect two years in a row.

Gomeangreen!!!

• Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Geez flights to Albuquerque are not cheap. I paid less to fly to Copenhagen And Stockholm last month. So who is having a watching party lol?

Keep us abreast on alternatives to travel. Would flying to El Paso and driving cheaper.

For vacation in June 2017, we drove to Santa Fe National Park in one day. Never thought we could do this but the wife's the boss and we did make it.