Possible Bowl Games Mega Thread

ADLER

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Technically, you are right...they are not. But again, they are have P5 talent and are considered by 30 or so P5 teams as a 'P5' opponent type team in terms of scheduling. They certainly have the name recognition, following, and money as many P5's. Either way, point is, I'd happily rather be matched up vs BYU/Miami than any FunBelt or MWC team. 

The national media respects Notre Dame and BYU as P5 level football programs and somewhat with Boise St as well.

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Technically, you are right...they are not. But again, they are have P5 talent and are considered by 30 or so P5 teams as a 'P5' opponent type team in terms of scheduling. They certainly have the name recognition, following, and money as many P5's. Either way, point is, I'd happily rather be matched up vs BYU/Miami than any FunBelt or MWC team. 

It's funny what teams say and do when it benefits their teams.

This century BYU is more on par with MWC not the Pac12. So even that argument the ACC brought up is wrong. 

1 minute ago, ADLER said:

The national media respects Notre Dame and BYU as P5 level football programs and somewhat with Boise St as well.

But Boise state is in the MWC! This isn't about respect. You are a p5 or not. Arkansas sucks balls but they are a p5 so we have a p5 win. Incarnate word is actually pretty good but they are fcs so we have an fcs win. God my brain hurts.

2 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

It's funny what teams say and do when it benefits their teams.

This century BYU is more on par with MWC not the Pac12. So even that argument the ACC brought up is wrong. 

I mean it's not even an argument though. The ACC wants all of their membership teams to play an additional P5 program each year outside of their normal conference slate and their conference office decided to allow BYU as one of the "P5" games as a OOC opponent. 

1 minute ago, RiseUNT said:

But Boise state is in the MWC! This isn't about respect. You are a p5 or not. Arkansas sucks balls but they are a p5 so we have a p5 win. Incarnate word is actually pretty good but they are fcs so we have an fcs win. God my brain hurts.

lol...no need of your brain to hurt. All of what you said is correct. Boise State is not P5 or is considered a P5 for scheduling purposes. They are without doubt the most respected G5 'program' far and away and that gives them leeway when dealing with the media and 'perception'. 

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We and the Belt are the worst. MAC, in terms of data, is a better conference as CUSA. And I as well want nothing to do with the MAC because it will probably be vs Buffalo and they would push our nose up into our brain. In terms of recognition, attention, support...It'd be more of the same as playing Troy last year. Like I said, I would prefer a BYU or Miami type team for obvious reasons in a regional bowl. As a far and low secondary option I'd take a good MWC team (preferably the loser of the MWC championship game) in New Mexico. 

I agree with you on everything. I bet the MAC teams are saying anyone but CUSA teams. I did say I think when talking about the MAC. I can't stand watching the MAC. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, RiseUNT said:

I agree with you on everything. I bet the MAC teams are saying anyone but CUSA teams. I did say I think when talking about the MAC. I can't stand watching the MAC. 

I don't like watching the MAC either, but only because I almost always catch their mid-week games and atmosphere on TV, as dumb as it may sound, matters at least a little to me. I can't get my football juices flowing when I see 47 people in the stands. 

2 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Same New Jersey station had this:

FIRST RESPONDER BOWL (Dec. 26): Duke vs. Marshall

Let's think for a minute. ESPN owns both bowls and desperately wants to sell tickets. Which CUSA school is ESPN going to put in the FIRST RESPONDER BOWL in Dallas?

Even the Independence Bowl would select North Texas before inviting this combo:

INDEPENDENCE BOWL (Dec. 27): Virginia vs. Middle Tennessee

Edited by ADLER

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Same New Jersey station had this:

FIRST RESPONDER BOWL (Dec. 26): Duke vs. Marshall

Let's think for a minute. ESPN owns both bowls and desperately wants to sell tickets. Which CUSA school is ESPN going to put in the FIRST RESPONDER BOWL in Dallas?

Even the Independence Bowl would select North Texas before inviting this combo:

INDEPENDENCE BOWL (Dec. 27): Virginia vs. Middle Tennessee

Dallas or Shreveport are good choices for me...I guess we'll know tomorrow

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

The New Mexico you fly in and fly out the same day.  Albuquerque is not a deal with SWA.  They have no real competition there and they know it.  There is only one return flight that is non stop.  The other flights you are going to Dallas through LA, or Denver, of El Paso, PHX and then Dallas. The trip will only cost you $750 to $800 with a rent a car. Yikes, better love the green.

After tallying up the results of yesterday’s games, ESPN now predicting we either play Utah State in the New Mexico Bowl or play Army in the First Responders Bowl.  I’m not a big fan of either of these.  I like the First Responders Bowl, but not playing Army again.

https://es.pn/2AGPzK2

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1