Possible Bowl Games Mega Thread

ADLER

On the first tweet the two with no C-USA tie in are the Frisco and Armed Forces Bowl.  On the revised tweet it is just the Frisco Bowl.  

The Frisco Bowl will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 19 at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT in Toyota Stadium. Toyota Stadium. It has a capacity of 17,200.  This would be a hard ticket to get, I may buy a few just in case.

The Armed Forces Bowl will be held SATURDAY DECEMBER, 22ND at 2:30 PM in AMON G. CARTER STADIUM in FORT WORTH, TEXAS It has a capacity of 50,000.  I think this would be very close to a full house, Army had 2/3 of the lower bowl filled and about 1/2 of the upper. I think we would be playing Army again...

The Armed Forces Bowl offers up to 4 free tickets to Veterans and current members of the military.  My family and I have attended this game for free when we did not have a team in the game.  It adds several thousand people to the attendance. (Last year we rushed the field and celebrated with Army)

20171223_173327.jpg

20171223_174939.jpg

20171223_175404.jpg

GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY! Smoke those goats!

Edited by ipd054
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, ipd054 said:

On the first tweet the two with no C-USA tie in are the Frisco and Armed Forces Bowl.  On the revised tweet it is just the Frisco Bowl.  

The Frisco Bowl will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 19 at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT in Toyota Stadium. Toyota Stadium. It has a capacity of 17,200.  This would be a hard ticket to get, I may buy a few just in case.

The Armed Forces Bowl will be held SATURDAY DECEMBER, 22ND at 2:30 PM in AMON G. CARTER STADIUM in FORT WORTH, TEXAS It has a capacity of 50,000.  I think this would be very close to a full house, Army had 2/3 of the lower bowl filled and about 1/2 of the upper. I think we would be playing Army again...

The Armed Forces Bowl offers up to 4 free tickets to Veterans and current members of the military.  My family and I have attended this game for free when we did not have a team in the game.  It adds several thousand people to the attendance. (Last year we rushed the field and celebrated with Army)

GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY! Smoke those goats!

CUSA does have a secondary tie in with the Frisco Bowl. That's why its still listed on the graphic. 

I think the AD let the cat out of the bag and we should start making plans to be in Fort Worth on 12/22 😁

• Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1

I can't help but think back to Wren's tweet after the awful attendance for the USM game. Something along the lines of it takes everyone to build champions (i.e. big crowds)

I'm gonna guess the First Responders bowl will at least double or maybe even triple the attendance of the New Mexico Bowl or New Orleans Bowl.....

If we have our choice between a metroplex bowl and one that is far away....which one would be better for the program? Will this go into the decision?

5 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I can't help but think back to Wren's tweet after the awful attendance for the USM game. Something along the lines of it takes everyone to build champions (i.e. big crowds)

I'm gonna guess the First Responders bowl will at least double or maybe even triple the attendance of the New Mexico Bowl or New Orleans Bowl.....

If we have our choice between a metroplex bowl and one that is far away....which one would be better for the program? Will this go into the decision?

Armed forces would have more attendance than the first responder, Saturday games versus a Wednesday game after Christmas.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3

1 minute ago, Big Z said:

Armed forces would have more attendance than the first responder, Saturday games versus a Wednesday game after Christmas.

I keep forgetting that day after Christmas start for first responder....

that will have an impact but still will have a much bigger mean green attendance than new mexico

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

I keep forgetting that day after Christmas start for first responder....

that will have an impact but still will have a much bigger mean green attendance than new mexico

Ya but if I’m an AD, I go after Armed Forces. Have a game before the holidays and the coaches, players and fans can go back home for Christmas.

• Lovely Take 2