Possible Bowl Games Mega Thread

ADLER

36 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

There are maybe 5-10 people on here who think going Mountain West is a good idea, myself included.  The reaction is not surprising at all.

I was in the pro C-USA camp, but have watched this conference regress over the last 6 seasons, I'm ready for a change. I have no faith in the C-USA leadership. I believe there are too many universities in C-USA that are not investing in their programs. We have basically no media deal. And, our bowl ties have diminished.  I don't really want to be the only Texas program in the MWC, but if that is the route we have to take, so be it. In my opinion C-USA is a dying conference, with no plan to recover, and there really is not much difference from the old Sun Belt anymore. Sad.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

12 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

I was in the pro C-USA camp, but have watched this conference regress over the last 6 seasons, I'm ready for a change. I have no faith in the C-USA leadership. I believe there are too many universities in C-USA that are not investing in their programs. We have basically no media deal. And, our bowl ties have diminished.  I don't really want to be the only Texas program in the MWC, but if that is the route we have to take, so be it. In my opinion C-USA is a dying conference, with no plan to recover, and there really is not much difference from the old Sun Belt anymore. Sad.

I was in Charlotte last week. Went by the campus and was pleasantly surprised by everything I saw. They have a very nice campus and their football stadium sits practically right in the middle of campus. As you're walking its like science building, art building, BAM football stadium, then english building, music building, etc. Their football venue is also very nice, but seemed crazy small as well. Like FCS level/does not belong in FBS kind of small. Nice, just inadequate to the level of football they're playing in. But, yeah, not a lot of programs are investing. And yes, it's a dying conference. And yes, the conference leadership is piss poor and utterly mismanaged. CUSA has went from the brink of respectability to being a very poor conference. Had we known that Tulane, Tulsa, UH, Memphis, just basically the entire conference was leaving would we have left the Belt? Probably. But there just seems like a lot of dead weight in this conference and I don't want to sound better, because we use to be that dead weight, but we are striving for improvements across whereas a lot of members are stagnant. MTSA had no more than 10K at our conf champ game. That's embarrassing. 

• Lovely Take 1