Possible Bowl Games Mega Thread

ADLER

34 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I thought I saw somewhere it was at 2 pm but I could be completely wrong 

CFP and Bowl Game Selection Show will start on ESPN within the next hour, 12:00 EST.

They’ll start from the top down and spend a lot of time in analysis for the Playoff and NY6 bowls. It will likely then be around 2:00 p.m. CST that they will have gotten around to our slots in these things. At which point Brett McMurphy or someone else that is reputable will have already scooped it on Twitter.

6 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I have a hard time believing we would rather play a mountain west team in front of 1500 NT fans than play a big 10 team in front of 30k NT fans. 

I know last year, opponent in dallas didn't matter. They wanted bowl game the kids could travel too, hence why we ended up playing Troy in New Orleans.  

Dont get me wrong, i would not prefer New Mexico, but if the AD insists on taking the team somewhere again, then i can see us turning down the opportunity to play in Dallas.

Not to derail, but maybe we already know that Seth will not be the coach, and dont want to play a Big 10 team with an interm head coach...

5 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Mcmurphy was only wrong one 1 bowl all of last year so it scares me that he has us in New Mexico... i really hope he is wrong

Incorrect. 

“Last year, in my final day bowl projections, I correctly projected 77 of the 78 bowl-bound schools. Of the 78 bowl bids, I had 53 schools projected in the correct bowl, including 15 bowls where I correctly projected both teams.”

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I know last year, opponent in dallas didn't matter. They wanted bowl game the kids could travel too, hence why we ended up playing Troy in New Orleans.  

Dont get me wrong, i would not prefer New Mexico, but if the AD insists on taking the team somewhere again, then i can see us turning down the opportunity to play in Dallas.

Not to derail, but maybe we already know that Seth will not be the coach, and dont want to play a Big 10 team with an interm head coach...

Quinn coaches UNT TO A WIN!

Paul-in-Varsity-Blues-paul-walker-19058875-900-506.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Right. But Albuquerque is not New Orleans. 

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Incorrect. 

“Last year, in my final day bowl projections, I correctly projected 77 of the 78 bowl-bound schools. Of the 78 bowl bids, I had 53 schools projected in the correct bowl, including 15 bowls where I correctly projected both teams.”

Sorry, i misread the first line of 77-78 to take that he only missed one match-up. my bad 

55 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I have a hard time believing we would rather play a mountain west team in front of 1500 NT fans than play a big 10 team in front of 30k NT fans. 

We can’t play every bowl game in dallas.   If we can’t support a team in a bowl game that is 10 hour drive or a short $150 plane ride on SWA, then probably shouldn’t complain our team not meeting expectations on the field.

• Upvote 2