Possible Bowl Games Mega Thread

ADLER

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

Didnt we all do this same song and dance last year and ended up in New Orleans because the players wanted to play there?

I dont think they wanted the same bowl 2 years in a row. I'm just happy to get a bowl but if it makes it easy to take a bunch of people then I'm happy. 

11 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I dont think they wanted the same bowl 2 years in a row. I'm just happy to get a bowl but if it makes it easy to take a bunch of people then I'm happy. 

Pretty sure cusa was swapped out of heart of dallas bowl and our choices were between new mexico or new orleans.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

CBS has us playing Nevada in the New Mexico Bowl.

I wouldn't put much stock in Jerry Palm's predictions at this point.   In the same article he has Top 25 Army and BYU staying home since they are Independents and there are no bowl slots left to take them.  Yeah right. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

That’s interesting.  The conference champs are supposed to get first pick.   Maybe both UAB and MTSU have stated where they’d want to go and neither picked the Bahamas.  

It seems like for as long as I can remember,  this bowl was announced before the championship game. Likely since it requires more travel plans than the others, they make a point to try to push this one through.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreenDan said:

It seems like for as long as I can remember,  this bowl was announced before the championship game. Likely since it requires more travel plans than the others, they make a point to try to push this one through.

Yep.  UAB accepted the Bahamas Bowl invite last year before we played the CCG.

• Lovely Take 1

If we go to the New Mexico a travel advisory.  Do not leave anything of value in your car at any hotel.  It is the kiss of death.  They steal U-hauls frequently from hotel parking lots in Albuquerque.  Always seemed to be on the news about once a week. I lived there for 28 years so any questions you have I might be able to help with. If we go there, hope we don't I will be stuck staying with the in-laws.  😩

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

If we go to the New Mexico a travel advisory.  Do not leave anything of value in your car at any hotel.  It is the kiss of death.  They steal U-hauls frequently from hotel parking lots in Albuquerque.  Always seemed to be on the news about once a week. I lived there for 28 years so any questions you have I might be able to help with. If we go there, hope we don't I will be stuck staying with the in-laws.  😩

Pro Tip: Don't stay in ABQ.  Santa Fe is a much nicer area and is an hour away.  

Fly into the ABQ, take the Turquoise Trail to Santa Fe, stop at a ton of little galleries and workshops along the way.  

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Pro Tip: Don't stay in ABQ.  Santa Fe is a much nicer area and is an hour away.  

Fly into the ABQ, take the Turquoise Trail to Santa Fe, stop at a ton of little galleries and workshops along the way.  

Agree.

And New Mexico has already had some good snow accumulation so far in the Ski areas.   No reason to think that wont continue & Santa Fe/Taos/Angel Fire(Bowl game is during Angel Fire opening weekend, so it may get crowded if all the runs aren't open) won't be great places to Ski at that time.