Possible Bowl Games Mega Thread

ADLER

4 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

When will they announce the bowl games? December 2nd or 9th?

I remember UAB took the Bahamas Bowl invite last year before the Conference Championship game, but no one else had invites until after the CCG shook out and FAU took Boca Raton & we took N.O.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see a few C-USA East eligible teams get a look by the Bahamas Bowl before the CCG is played, but otherwise, we'll find out after that.   I expect we know the Bowl schedule by Tuesday, 12/4.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wardly said:

I just would like to go to a bowl game other than in Dallas or New Orleans. We will not be invited to Shreveport, so Albuquerque looks like the best bet. However if I am a player, I would push for Hawaii. Great matchup between Eagles and Rainbow Warriors.

I would not be 100% certain about that.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

I just would like to go to a bowl game other than in Dallas or New Orleans. We will not be invited to Shreveport, so Albuquerque looks like the best bet. However if I am a player, I would push for Hawaii. Great matchup between Eagles and Rainbow Warriors.

This might sound selfish.. But goodbye to any hopes of being able to cheer, tailgate, and converge with fellow mean green fans in person for live football... 

• Lovely Take 2

16 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

This might sound selfish.. But goodbye to any hopes of being able to cheer, tailgate, and converge with fellow mean green fans in person for live football... 

If the team feels slighted or cheated by fan turnout in any way, don't be surprised if they would rather go to Hawaii for a vacation.

• Ray 1

41 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If the team feels slighted or cheated by fan turnout in any way, don't be surprised if they would rather go to Hawaii for a vacation.

I get that. And we would all support them if this was what they wanted. Just hoping they can go to a bowl we can travel too, I'd prefer not to watch the game on TV this year and actually go see it in person. Hawaii is to expensive. 

21 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I don't know....

I would rather play in front of 60K at the Cotton Bowl than 10K in Albequerque

Exactly. Outside of the good bowls, they're all interchangeable. Might as well go with the one with the potential for a good crowd.

2 hours ago, wardly said:

No fans will travel to ABQ. You'll get maybe 10k UNT fans there to watch a match up with a middling MW team.

14 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Exactly. Outside of the good bowls, they're all interchangeable. Might as well go with the one with the potential for a good crowd.

No fans will travel to ABQ. You'll get maybe 10k UNT fans there to watch a match up with a middling MW team.

I've seen a couple of projections that have Boise in NM Bowl.   That's no "middling" team.

1 minute ago, meaniegreenie said:

Sounds like another great "wives" trip.

Of course!  & kids...  Why wouldn't they go?

And it builds in another excuse for fans to throw at the team/coaches if they lose the game, keeping Seth around even longer!     What school would hire a guy who can't figure out how to balance work & home life?   Leave the family at home when you go to Hawaii for a rather meaningless game, right?

Win/win.

4 hours ago, meangreenlax said:

We would probably be underdogs to any "middling" MWC team we would play, plus For all those are pushing for UNT to move to the MWC, this is closest city to us in the conference.

• Downvote 2