Possible Bowl Games Mega Thread

ADLER

Sports Illustrated projection:

SERVPRO First Responders Bowl, Dallas (1:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Big Ten vs. Conference USA
BYU* vs. North Texas

Walk-On's Independence Bowl, Shreveport, La. (1:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)
SEC vs. ACC
UAB* vs. Miami

Edited by ADLER

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

I know the transitive property leaves a whole lot to be desired...but Air Force absolutely crushed Navy.  Army defeated Air Force in a hard fought game.

Army is 9-2

Navy is 3-8

I'll take Army in a close game.

Airforce got Navy in Colorado. Airforce had to go to New York.

Navy has something like 28th strength of schedule while Army is 76 with a big boost coming from OU.

If they beat navy and are ranked then I would like to play them.

BYU would have a big crowd.  I would anticipate 15,000.  Add our 35,000 and you could have a 50,000 attendance in the bowl.  Plus cosmo the cougar dancing with the dance team would give scrappy a run for the money.  A dance off must happen if this match becomes a reality! 

Bring in BYU.

Go Mean green!!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NM Green said:

BYU would have a big crowd.  I would anticipate 15,000.  Add our 35,000 and you could have a 50,000 attendance in the bowl.  Plus cosmo the cougar dancing with the dance team would give scrappy a run for the money.  A dance off must happen if this match becomes a reality! 

Bring in BYU.

Go Mean green!!!!!

Plus all the beer we can possibly drink 😅

• Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Wouldn’t that make some of you deep thinkers want to stay in G5 another 30 years?  It’s only going to get worse.

Arkie St is one of the more promising G5 teams. I rather be associated with them over ODU/Charlotte/Liberty/Coastal

Edited by meangreenlax
  • Lovely Take 1

I've written about this before but my introduction to the wacky world of North Texas football was in 1971 when we opened our season against BYU in the Cotton Bowl. I think every Mormon in Texas was at the game and outnumbered our fans by quite a bit.

On the plus side, if one was inclined to steal a bicycle, you were in heaven.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Arkie St is one of the more promising G5 teams. I rather be associated with them over ODU/Charlotte/Liberty/Coastal

agreed

Think the conferences would be a lot better off if CUSA and Sun Belt Merged and the west schools went to one conference and the east coast teams went to one conference

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, letsgiveacheer said:

I've written about this before but my introduction to the wacky world of North Texas football was in 1971 when we opened our season against BYU in the Cotton Bowl. I think every Mormon in Texas was at the game and outnumbered our fans by quite a bit.

On the plus side, if one was inclined to steal a bicycle, you were in heaven.

I was at that game. We got thumped, and if memory serves Golden Richards stared for the Cougars.

4 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Wouldn’t that make some of you deep thinkers want to stay in G5 another 30 years?  It’s only going to get worse.

Please...the Red Coyotes fans or whatever they dumped the honorable name of “Indians” for would be no more excited about this matchup as most of our alums.

Sorry, but going to Fair Park again makes me think l’m driving thru Coleman Young’s version of Detroit.  So sad what’s happening to Dallas because if it’s lack of leadership & the group who will turn it into a ghetto before they get thru with it. 

GMG!

I would rather go to Albuquerque and play someone like Nevada,Boise,SDSU, Fresno, or Utah State than trudge back to the "Forgotten Bowl" at the Fairgrounds. However, I will go where ever or who ever we play.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, wardly said:

I would rather go to Albuquerque and play someone like Nevada,Boise,SDSU, Fresno, or Utah State than trudge back to the "Forgotten Bowl" at the Fairgrounds. However, I will go where ever or who ever we play.

I agree, fair park is such a shit hole. I will support wherever the team goes, but my money is that they will go out of state. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

If BYU and UNT play at Cotton Bowl I'll do every thing I can to be at this GAME. UNT lost games this year they should have won!!! However, can't cry to much over split milk. 

BYU is nationally recognized very good team. They will be a really tough match up for UNT!!! Only 6-5 currently, but they beat Arizona & Wisconsin!!! Wisconsin even having down year is a really good team year in year out. Wisconsin is always in the discussion for B10 championship. BYU lost to Boise St. only by 5 Pts.. This is the type of national recognition UNT needs and is looking for. Should be great attendance at Bowl game by both schools.  TV ratings should be fairly good for this game.

Based on all the bowl options and quality teams we could play P5 or G5 this is a great match up!!!

Texas and OU play at Cotton bowl every year, so for UNT fans to complain about stadium is a bit odd considering everyone in the US knows the name "Cotton Bowl" and that carries a lot of weight. I couldn't tell you were the "Bahama's" Bowl is played or many other bowls are played either for that matter. If UNT plays BYU in Cotton Bowl everyone will take a least note of it because Bowl is played in the "Cotton Bowl".

Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, UNTMike81 said:

If BYU and UNT play at Cotton Bowl I'll do every thing I can to be at this GAME. UNT lost games this year they should have won!!! However, can't cry to much over split milk. 

BYU is nationally recognized very good team. They will be a really tough match up for UNT!!! Only 6-5 currently, but they beat Arizona & Wisconsin!!! Wisconsin even having down year is a really good team year in year out. Wisconsin is always in the discussion for B10 championship. BYU lost to Boise St. only by 5 Pts.. This is the type of national recognition UNT needs and is looking for. Should be great attendance at Bowl game by both schools.  TV ratings should be fairly good for this game.

Based on all the bowl options and quality teams we could play P5 or G5 this is a great match up!!!

Texas and OU play at Cotton bowl every year, so for UNT fans to complain about stadium is a bit odd considering everyone in the US knows the name "Cotton Bowl" and that carries a lot of weight. I couldn't tell you were the "Bahama's" Bowl is played or many other bowls are played either for that matter. If UNT plays BYU in Cotton Bowl everyone will take a least note of it because Bowl is played in the "Cotton Bowl".

Go Mean Green!!!

As long as we don’t get a Sun Belt team, I’m happy 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1