Possible Bowl Games Mega Thread

ADLER

1 hour ago, vpackrats said:

Heck, you wanna know where we're playing this year for the bowl game?  Just go with what Biff Tannen (oops, I mean ipd054 predicted way back in August in the prediction thread).  He's pretty much followed the Gray's Sports Almanac every game and he's 9-for-9 right now.  So, yeah, go with what he said.  🙂

Ain't no way in hell we lose to NutsaCK Community College.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

On 11/4/2018 at 8:30 PM, vpackrats said:

Heck, you wanna know where we're playing this year for the bowl game?  Just go with what Biff Tannen (oops, I mean ipd054 predicted way back in August in the prediction thread).  He's pretty much followed the Gray's Sports Almanac every game and he's 9-for-9 right now.  So, yeah, go with what he said.  🙂

giphy.gif

I didnt give you a down vote but I think many feel include me that UTSA is that one team you struggle with in your conference.  Everyone has one ours just seems to be UTSA.  They beat us in MAC's best year and we should have won the game.  Granted it was cold game to attend and the players felt it.  

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

For the two that down voted, I would love to hear your thoughts.

I also didn't downvote you, but UTSA treats us as their Super Bowl every year. I think we finally win down there, but an effort like we saw against UTEP or Rice for three quarters will definitely get us beat. My fear is we get down by three scores and just can't make it all the way back up. 

9 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I also didn't downvote you, but UTSA treats us as their Super Bowl every year. I think we finally win down there, but an effort like we saw against UTEP or Rice for three quarters will definitely get us beat. My fear is we get down by three scores and just can't make it all the way back up. 

UTSA is also usually Bowl Eligible.  Heck, they'll likely be riding a 5-game losing streak when we roll in down there.

They'll come out swinging, because this game has meant something previously, but when we punch them in the mouth, they'll pack it in since they have nothing left to play for.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

This is why I think we need to ignore the fact that they are terrible this year. Even their fans on their board are posting that they hope they just beat UNT (and they use the word UNT in the derogatory way) as they lose out this season. 

UNT has been playing down to their opponents, UTEP and Rice show that. 

4 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/bowl-projections-sec-may-not-get-two-cfp-get-three-big-bowl-games-203452292.html

Back to the original subject of the thread, anybody down for a TCU vs UNT bowl in Dallas? I'd say 50k plus in attendance if this were to happen. 

First Responder Bowl (Dec. 26)
North Texas vs. TCU

I’m down for it and probably my first choice 

1 minute ago, UNT 04 said:

I’m down for it and probably my first choice 

TCU has to get bowl eligible, I'd say they beat OKie state and Baylor to go 6-6. But this would hands down, be the best bowl game UNT has ever played in. Due to the fact that this is a winnable game and local DFW teams. Plus we would get our p5 opponent.